Old December 12th 04, 08:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Christmas Won`t Be The Same Again!!!

When someone makes a reference to horse-buses, it goes much further than
"merely making an observation". It is sarcastic nonsense and, frankly,
beneath
contempt.

Horse bus? Well I suppose cyclists do have better acceleration than the
routemasters on number 14

Old December 12th 04, 09:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mait001 wrote:
What is my "ilk"?

Those who dislike the Routemaster and, seemingly, equally dislike its
proponents.

Where have I said I dislike the RM and/or its proponents?

Old December 12th 04, 10:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Only the one`s with the little phials in their saddlebags...: )

Old December 13th 04, 07:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Chris" wrote in message
.. .
When someone makes a reference to horse-buses, it goes much further than
"merely making an observation". It is sarcastic nonsense and, frankly,
beneath
contempt.

Horse bus? Well I suppose cyclists do have better acceleration than the
routemasters on number 14

Are you kidding. the other week the No 14 was bombing around Hyde Park
Corner and down the kings road.

Old December 13th 04, 12:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Robert McCall wrote:
"Chris" wrote in message
.. .

When someone makes a reference to horse-buses, it goes much further than
"merely making an observation". It is sarcastic nonsense and, frankly,
beneath
contempt.

Horse bus? Well I suppose cyclists do have better acceleration than the
routemasters on number 14

Are you kidding. the other week the No 14 was bombing around Hyde Park
Corner and down the kings road.

Was it lost? :-)

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Old December 13th 04, 01:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Joe wrote to uk.transport.london on Sun, 12 Dec 2004:

Stuart wrote:
Yes, next year I'll have room on my bus home for all my shopping!

That is so true.

*If* you can get on the bus in the first place and get to a seat -
there's seldom anywhere to sit on the ground floor that isn't facing
backwards or sideways (fine, if you're one of the lucky ones that
doesn't get car-sick unless they sit facing forwards) so you have to
haul everything up the stairs, if people aren't blocking the stairs, and
then down again, too....
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old December 13th 04, 01:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
Robert McCall wrote:
"Chris" wrote in message
.. .

When someone makes a reference to horse-buses, it goes much further than
"merely making an observation". It is sarcastic nonsense and, frankly,
beneath
contempt.

Horse bus? Well I suppose cyclists do have better acceleration than the
routemasters on number 14

Are you kidding. the other week the No 14 was bombing around Hyde Park
Corner and down the kings road.

Was it lost? :-)

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Doh!!! Of course that's the 19 not 14. Arghhhhhhh

Old December 13th 04, 02:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Robert McCall wrote:
"Chris" wrote in message
.. .

When someone makes a reference to horse-buses, it goes much further than
"merely making an observation". It is sarcastic nonsense and, frankly,
beneath
contempt.

GO TO YOUR ROOMS RIGHT NOW! ALL OF YOU! AND IF YOU THINK I'M LETTING YOU
OUT TO PLAY LATTER YOU'VE GOT ANOTHER THING COMING! JUST YOU WAIT TILL
YOUR FATHERS GET HOME!
Old December 14th 04, 08:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robert McCall" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message
.. .
When someone makes a reference to horse-buses, it goes much further than
"merely making an observation". It is sarcastic nonsense and, frankly,
beneath
contempt.

Horse bus? Well I suppose cyclists do have better acceleration than the
routemasters on number 14

Are you kidding. the other week the No 14 was bombing around Hyde Park
Corner and down the kings road.

I said acceleration, not top speed

Old December 14th 04, 10:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I told my 10-year-old nephew (visiting from overseas) that under 11s
went free on London Buses. He was delighted at the thought he could
spend all day on the number 13, as he rather likes the RMs...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.