Old December 12th 04, 08:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Christmas Won`t Be The Same Again!!!

It`s hard to believe but this will be the last Christmas where we can go
shopping up west and be able to get a routemaster home :-(

I for one are going to miss the icon of London.

At least it looks like they aren't`t making the same mistake that they made
with the RT`s and will keep many RM`s in good working condition for many
more years to come

Here is a link to an BBC obituary to the RM

Old December 12th 04, 10:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Robert McCall wrote:

It`s hard to believe but this will be the last Christmas where we can go
shopping up west and be able to get a routemaster home :-(

Yes, next year I'll have room on my bus home for all my shopping!

Old December 12th 04, 11:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Robert McCall wrote:
It`s hard to believe but this will be the last Christmas where we can
go shopping up west and be able to get a routemaster home :-(

I for one are going to miss the icon of London.

At least it looks like they aren't`t making the same mistake that
they made with the RT`s and will keep many RM`s in good working
condition for many more years to come

Here is a link to an BBC obituary to the RM

I expect a lot of people were upset when the horsebuses were withdrawn.

Old December 12th 04, 11:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Do you get joy from being a moronic killjoy?

Why not let those of us who wish to mourn an icon do so without childish
carping?

Marc.
Old December 12th 04, 01:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Hmmmmmmmm......Not if you happen to be on a Citaro Artic route U
won`t...........Unless U hang ur shoppin round ur neck and hang urself from
the straps.......all together now...."Swing Lowwwwwww....Sweeeeet
Charrrrrriottt,comin for to take Stuart an his shoppin Home.....".....
: )

Old December 12th 04, 01:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mait001 wrote:
Do you get joy from being a moronic killjoy?

Why not let those of us who wish to mourn an icon do so without
childish carping?

No one's carping, merely making an observation. If you wish to wallow in
nostalgia then don't let me stop you.

Old December 12th 04, 02:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joe Joe is offline

Stuart wrote:
Yes, next year I'll have room on my bus home for all my shopping!

That is so true.
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For railway information, news and photos see http://www.railwaysonline.co.uk
Old December 12th 04, 03:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mait001 wrote:
Do you get joy from being a moronic killjoy?

Why not let those of us who wish to mourn an icon do so without
childish carping?

No one's carping, merely making an observation. If you wish to wallow in
nostalgia then don't let me stop you.

When someone makes a reference to horse-buses, it goes much further than
"merely making an observation". It is sarcastic nonsense and, frankly, beneath
contempt.

You and your ilk have successfully got rid of a design icon in favour of trash
- you have clearly won the argument, as far as T.F.L., Livngstone and
Hendy-Bendy are concerned. Is it really so offensive to you that some of us
should put forward, as has been on this thread many times, the cogent arguments
against this retrograde step?

Or, as I have already said, not content with winning the battle, is your
victory not complete without rubbing our (the losers') noses in it? Even
Germans were (and are) allowed to mourn their Nazi losses without churlish
objections from people suggesting that they are "wallowing in nostalgia".

Marc.

Old December 12th 04, 07:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

What is my "ilk"?

Those who dislike the Routemaster and, seemingly, equally dislike its
proponents.

Marc.