Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 15th 04, 12:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Trains

Yesterday I travelled by train from Streatham Common to Clapham
Junction, and, later in the day, from Putney to Clapham Junction.

The unusual thing about both journeys were that in both cases a
slam-door train was provided: a VEP on the Southern service and a CEP on
the South-West Trains one.

I wonder how rare such a thing is nowadays, when most trains are at
least 315s, if not something more modern?

I was amused to read, at CJ, that Southern are bringing in a new fleet
of suburban trains, since I was on one that was older than any..... and
my mother, who was with me, commented on how much more comfortable the
CEP was than the new train which had brought her up from Arundel earlier
in the day! How true....
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/