Old December 26th 04, 08:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default transport from heathrow to London by bus??

our travel agency told us the piccadilly line is not functioning and we will
have to travel by bus?
does anybody know if this is true and how long it will take us to the city??
thanks for your help
Franca, the Netherlands

Old December 26th 04, 08:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dick Holland" wrote in message
our travel agency told us the piccadilly line is not functioning and we
will have to travel by bus?
does anybody know if this is true and how long it will take us to the
city??
thanks for your help
Franca, the Netherlands

The tube will not be running to Terminal 4 for over a year whilst
construction takes place for the new terminal 5.

Tube Services from Terminals 1, 2 and 3 station (Heathrow Central) will
continue, so you don't have to travel by bus into Central London.

See full details at:
http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/press...0412/06.asp#t5

Regards

David Bennetts
Australia

Old December 26th 04, 08:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dick Holland" wrote in message

our travel agency told us the piccadilly line is not
functioning and we will have to travel by bus?
does anybody know if this is true and how long
it will take us to the city?? thanks for your help
Franca, the Netherlands

You don't say when you are travelling or which terminal you are using, but
the info you want is probably at
http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/press...0412/06.asp#t5

There is also another railway from Heathrow to London which is remaining
open, but it costs a lot of money. See http://www.heathrowexpress.com/

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old December 26th 04, 11:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

There is also another railway from Heathrow to London which is remaining
open, but it costs a lot of money. See http://www.heathrowexpress.com/

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Though it is free to use Heathrow Express between the two airport stations,
and it is shown as a better option than the replacement buses for Terminal 4
if people have difficulty using stairs, or have much luggage, whilst the
tube is truncated to Terminals 1,2 and 3 during the construction period.

Regards

David Bennetts

Old December 28th 04, 09:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"John Rowland" wrote in
message
"Dick Holland" wrote in message

our travel agency told us the piccadilly line is not
functioning and we will have to travel by bus?
does anybody know if this is true and how long
it will take us to the city?? thanks for your help
Franca, the Netherlands

You don't say when you are travelling or which terminal you are
using, but the info you want is probably at
http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/press...0412/06.asp#t5

Most flights from the Netherlands use T4, so the OP is indeed likely to
be affected by the temporary closure of the Piccadilly T4 station.