Old December 26th 04, 10:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default SWT New years morning service

According to their leaflets, SWT are running a service every half an
hour from Waterloo to Kingston via Putney, etc. (and a seperate half
hourly service to Kingston some other way) from midnight until 5am.
Did anyone use these services last year?

1. What's the chance of getting on one? Will it be a squeeze and/or
will Waterloo be likely to close for crowd control?

2. Are these the full 8 cars or only 4?

3. Just out of interest, the timetable is only one way. Are they all
running to a depot or something?

Chris

Old December 27th 04, 11:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Also Southern are running with TFL London Victoria-East Croydon.

SWT are quite good and most likely to run 8x455 (2x455 units) and the
routing you mention sounds like Waterloo to Waterloo via Twickenham,
Kingston, Wimbledon, Waterloo.

Then again I think your mad to celebrate up there.

ups.com...

Old December 27th 04, 11:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Then again I think your mad to celebrate up there.

It's something you have to do once...

Old December 27th 04, 05:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 27 Dec 2004:

Then again I think your mad to celebrate up there.

It's something you have to do once...

It's fun once, so you decide to do it again the following year and
regret it.... I did that in Paris, and my daughter did in London! But
it is fun, once.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old December 27th 04, 07:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
ups.com...

It's something you have to do once...

Believe me, it really isn't! The West End on NYE is an absolute nightmare -
stay well away...stay local!

Ian

Old December 27th 04, 10:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Thanks for the offer but I am working a long shift the next day and with the
recent weather and the cost to go to these things I rather not put up with
the minority of trouble makers out there.

ups.com...