Old January 17th 05, 01:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Cambrige - London traffic up 75%

In message , at
12:30:00 on Mon, 17 Jan 2005, Colin Rosenstiel
remarked:
Even two years ago there were plenty of scratches and dents in the
doors, and a generally "rusty/grubby" look to the outsides from knee
level down. The insides were reasonable, though.

I don't agree. The external paintwork is in very good condition.

Generally, yes, but there are lots of scrapes and dents. And brown
stains.
Old January 17th 05, 02:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
.uk...
In message , at
12:30:00 on Mon, 17 Jan 2005, Colin Rosenstiel
remarked:
Even two years ago there were plenty of scratches and dents in the
doors, and a generally "rusty/grubby" look to the outsides from knee
level down. The insides were reasonable, though.

I don't agree. The external paintwork is in very good condition.

Generally, yes, but there are lots of scrapes and dents. And brown
stains.

What about some of the 317s though? The unrefurbished ones must have been
like that for much longer.

Angus

Old January 17th 05, 02:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 15:21:01 on Mon, 17
Jan 2005, Angus Bryant remarked:
What about some of the 317s though? The unrefurbished ones must have been
like that for much longer.

Yes, but that's not the point. We were discussing how well the *365*'s
were holding up.
Old January 17th 05, 02:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
.uk...
In message , at 15:21:01 on Mon, 17
Jan 2005, Angus Bryant remarked:
What about some of the 317s though? The unrefurbished ones must have

been
like that for much longer.

Yes, but that's not the point. We were discussing how well the *365*'s
were holding up.

Good point. Just thought I'd say something about the 317s though! :-)

Angus

Old January 17th 05, 06:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
.uk...
Getting back to the original issue, are we surprised/shocked/unphased
that they are looking a bit worn and dirty after 8 years daily use??

IMO they are in pretty good condition, especially when compared to other
members of the Networker family. Many of the 465s are in a shocking internal
and external condition, and a 365 looks new by comparison.

One of the main problems with the 365s (common to many new trains) is the
way the lighting diffusers collect dust, which in turn creates a yellowish
glow to the lighting, making the interiors seem dark and dirty. The ex-South
Eastern units, having had a deep clean upon transfer, are much better in
this respect. The interior poster-frames could also benefit from replacement
with a more robust design.

Old January 17th 05, 07:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at
20:13:00 on Mon, 17 Jan 2005, Colin Rosenstiel
remarked:
I don't recognise the 365s *I* travel in three days most weeks from
Roland's description.

Maybe they've cleaned them up. I had plenty of opportunity to examine
them a close quarters, waiting at Royston station for the 4 cars from
Cambridge to arrive before they'd let us get on the 4 cars already at
the platform.
Old January 17th 05, 09:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london,cam.transport

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 16:13:51 +0000, Meldrew of Meldreth wrote:
In the old days the cleaners who came round at 8am would notice people
who were absent.

Or early risers aleady at breakfast, or working, or out for a morning run
--
Everything I write here is my personal opinion, and should not be taken as fact.

Old January 17th 05, 09:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london,cam.transport

In article , Paul Weaver
writes
In the old days the cleaners who came round at 8am would notice people
who were absent.

Or early risers aleady at breakfast, or working, or out for a morning run

Your college did breakfast before 8am? I'm impressed. But the bedders
weren't that dumb that they didn't know whose bed had been slept in, or
who were the habitual early risers.
--
"now, the thing you type on and the window you stare out of are the same thing"