Old January 2nd 05, 10:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Is this legal?

Dave Plumb wrote:

Do you touch on the pads at Finsbury Park on the way in or out? I

would have
thought if the system saw you coming in at, say, Holborn and not

coming out,
that it could charge you an extension on the basis that you might

have gone
all the way to Cockfosters and the barriers were open (i.e. it would

leave
the journey open). But had that happened, you wouldn't have been able

re-enter anyhow.

If you touch in within your travelcard zones but don't touch out it
assumes you are honest and charges nowt. If you touch in outside your
travelcard zones and don't touch out it assumes you aren't.

I beleive this has been discussed before - have a look at the archives.
Chris

Old January 2nd 05, 11:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

that it could charge you an extension on the basis that you might
have gone
all the way to Cockfosters and the barriers were open (i.e. it would

leave

If you touch in within your travelcard zones but don't touch out it
assumes you are honest and charges nowt. If you touch in outside your
travelcard zones and don't touch out it assumes you aren't.

I beleive this has been discussed before - have a look at the archives.

I think the conclusion at the time was that it assumed you were honest, for
now, but in the future it would take from your pre-pay balance.

There may be other reasons to touch in and out, like the system may identify
you as having purchased two short travelcards, changing at an ungated
location. I imagine it could flag this as unusual behaviour assuming you
have bought two travelcards for validities at each end of your travel, and
nothing in the middle.

Cheers,
Dave