Old January 5th 05, 12:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Jetpod - Woking to London in 4 minutes

Enjoy!
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/11/08/flying_taxi/

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old January 5th 05, 01:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"John Rowland" wrote in message

Enjoy!

We did, in November. (Or am I thinking about slashdot again?)
--
Everything above is the personal opinion of the author, and nothing to do
with where he works and all that lovely disclaimery stuff.

Old January 5th 05, 02:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

John Rowland wrote:
Enjoy!
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/11/08/flying_taxi/

That's nothing... Transport Direct (www.transportdirect.info) apparently
reckoned it could get someone from Edinburgh to Stansted in 4 minutes,
walking.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old January 5th 05, 06:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

In message
Dave Arquati wrote:

John Rowland wrote:
Enjoy!
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/11/08/flying_taxi/

That's nothing... Transport Direct (www.transportdirect.info) apparently
reckoned it could get someone from Edinburgh to Stansted in 4 minutes,
walking.

It's those seven-league boots...

--
Graeme Wall
This address is not read, substitute trains for rail.
Old January 5th 05, 07:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 13:58:38 -0000, "John Rowland"
wrote:

Enjoy!
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/11/08/flying_taxi/

Only if they understand Woking's one way system......

(lived there for 20 years - escaped 21 years ago!)

Old January 5th 05, 08:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"John Rowland" wrote in message

Enjoy!
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/11/08/flying_taxi/

Surely the concept of the average 'joe' ever flying about in a jetpod or
whatever flying car is totally out of the question. How can u possibly have
such a scenario as this. Could one imagine the accidents in the air? Its bad
enough now on the ground but up there who's gonna marshall the traffic? Or
are we to expect joe bloggs will keep to the air lanes? Somehow I doubt it,
knowing human nature. Plus when the damn thing hits another jetpod coming in
the other direction or side on for that matter 'cos some dimwit wants to
call in at Auntie Ada's for a coffee and didn't realise he was crossing a
westbound airlane, then the houses, people and general day to day ground
moverments are gonna suffer one hell of a catasrophe. Property Insurance
companies will simply disappear overnight. Indeed all Insurance is outta da
window - bigtime. No its totally bizarre and not in our lifetime. I just
cant see it.
Redtube

Old January 5th 05, 09:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"redtube" wrote in message
"John Rowland" wrote in message

Enjoy!
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/11/08/flying_taxi/

Surely the concept of the average 'joe' ever flying
about in a jetpod or whatever flying car is totally out of
the question. How can u possibly have such a scenario
as this. Could one imagine the accidents in the air?

Computer control has come on a liuttle since the days of Percy Pilcher.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old January 6th 05, 12:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Scripsit Dave Arquati

That's nothing... Transport Direct (www.transportdirect.info)
apparently reckoned it could get someone from Edinburgh to Stansted in
4 minutes, walking.

It's become a bit more cautious and now recommends allowing 5 minutes
for this short stroll. To reproduce, ask

From: Edinburgh Turnhouse (Air)
To: Stansted Airport (Any Rail / Coach)
Depart: 7th January 10:00

and get

| Edinburgh Turnhouse
| leave 10:28
| Walk 2 mins
| Walk to Terminal Building Bus Area (Stance 18)
|
| Edinburgh Turnhouse (Air)
| depart 10:30
| Bus 100 22 mins
| Take Lothian Buses/100 towards Edinburgh
|
| arrive 10:52
| Edinburgh Waverley Bridge opp Waverley Station exit N-bd
| Walk 5 mins
| Walk to Edinburgh Bus Station
|
| Stansted Mountfitchet
| depart 11:05
| Train 7 mins
| Take one Railway towards Stansted Airport
|
| arrive 11:12
| Stansted Airport

I am particularly charmed by "Take one Railway", but somewhat
disappointed that it does not continue, "... add two Eggs and
one cup of Sugar, and stir vigorously."

--
Henning Makholm "Monsieur, vous êtes fou."
Old January 6th 05, 01:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"John Rowland" wrote in message

Computer control has come on a liuttle since the days of Percy Pilcher.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

So whats that supposed to mean? that you believe what I said is wrong?
redtube