Old January 15th 05, 11:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Underground Song

Solar Penguin wrote:

(Still, it's interesting that some posters here did enjoy it. Odd that
you're so easily amused. Maybe I paint a wall and you could all watch
it dry. That would give probably give you hours of fun!)

Hahahahahaha! Oh, even the thought of it makes me break into hysterics.
--
Michael Hoffman

Old January 16th 05, 09:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 00:08:31 -0000, "Solar Penguin"
wrote:

--- Paul Corfield said...

The point is whether you believe all the lyrics to be true - I don't

but
whether you or I like it or not there is a cross section of the public
who hate LUL, its staff and the way they feel they get treated when

they
use the system.

I'm still wondering whether the singer *does* believe the lyrics to be
true, or whether he's just *parodying* the sort of people who do.
Either way, it isn't clear, ad so the song totally misses its target --
whatever that target just happened to be. As a result, it's not funny
at all, just a confused ugly mess. Didn't even make me smile once.

Thankfully I am not you and you are not me. Praise the fact that we are
all different. Any way it really makes no difference to anyone's life
what this song was or was not trying to achieve.

(Still, it's interesting that some posters here did enjoy it. Odd that
you're so easily amused. Maybe I paint a wall and you could all watch
it dry. That would give probably give you hours of fun!)

You could come and paint some walls in my house for free. I'm sure I
would smile for hours after that.
--
Paul C

Old January 16th 05, 10:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

(Still, it's interesting that some posters here did enjoy it. Odd that
you're so easily amused. Maybe I paint a wall and you could all watch
it dry. That would give probably give you hours of fun!)

You could come and paint some walls in my house for free. I'm sure I
would smile for hours after that.

Gerrof 'im. He was talking to me.

Oi! Penguin! I found the song *really* funny, and desperately need some
walls painting. Do you do plastering, too?
Old January 16th 05, 06:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 01:05:26 +0000, Richard J. wrote:

Michael Hoffman wrote:
Paul Corfield wrote:
I see the weekly public correspondence snapshot that gets
discussed at a director level meeting each week - believe me the
public who complain do not mince their words and the sentiment is
not far away from the lyrics.

They must not pick the worst ones to put on the web site he

https://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/customer_complaints/

Also special thanks to Richard J. without whom I wouldn't have
discovered this. When you said you asked the site to remove it, I
figured I just *had* to see what the fuss was about.

Glad I got something right. :-)

Actually, I've withdrawn my request to remove the file, as there's no
evidence here that any LU staff are bothered about (what I regard as)
the offensive abuse directed at them.

Did you happen to complain about Springer on the BBC too?

--
Everything I write here is my personal opinion, and should not be taken as fact.

Old January 16th 05, 09:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
Some people might find this funny. I don't think tube drivers will
though.
http://www.flybudget.com/LondonUnderground.mp3

Kevin

ROTFLMAO.

Old January 17th 05, 07:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 11:16:21 +0000, Richard J. wrote:

Actually, I've withdrawn my request to remove the file, as there's
no evidence here that any LU staff are bothered about (what I
regard as) the offensive abuse directed at them.

Did you happen to complain about Springer on the BBC too?

No.

How strange. On one hand you are a complaining busybody that thinks LU
workers are too timid to complain if they felt it was offensive and
concerned them (not that anyone is forcing them to download), yet on the
other hand you dont complain when tens of thousands of busybodies are
complaining over a program noone forced them to watch.
--
Everything I write here is my personal opinion, and should not be taken as fact.

Old January 17th 05, 10:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Weaver wrote:
On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 11:16:21 +0000, Richard J. wrote:

Actually, I've withdrawn my request to remove the file, as
there's no evidence here that any LU staff are bothered about
(what I regard as) the offensive abuse directed at them.

Did you happen to complain about Springer on the BBC too?

No.

How strange. On one hand you are a complaining busybody that thinks
LU workers are too timid to complain if they felt it was offensive
and concerned them (not that anyone is forcing them to download),

You may think you know what I think but you are wrong.

yet on the other hand you dont complain when tens of thousands of
busybodies are complaining over a program noone forced them to
watch.

I don't complain about TV programmes that I haven't watched, unlike most
of the people who complained to the BBC before the programme went out.
--
Richard J.

Old January 21st 05, 02:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

http://www.amateurtransplants.com/

These are the people responsible, where do they live, I'll send the boys
round, oh hang on they're are on strike.

They are raising money for Macmillan, and are doctors, scarey or what!