London Banter

-   -   Quick Oyster Question (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2684-quick-oyster-question.html)

[email protected] January 20th 05 09:10 AM

Quick Oyster Question

Hi, can I put a one day travel card on my Oyster?
I get the impression that I can only put 7 day and upwards travel cards
on it. Have I got the wrong end of the stick?
If so where can this be done? I dont remember seeing the option on the
Tube Ticket machines.
CM.

Jason January 20th 05 02:25 PM

Quick Oyster Question

On 20 Jan 2005 02:10:42 -0800, wrote:

Hi, can I put a one day travel card on my Oyster?
I get the impression that I can only put 7 day and upwards travel cards
on it. Have I got the wrong end of the stick?
If so where can this be done? I dont remember seeing the option on the
Tube Ticket machines.

Don't think so - only Pre-Pay, and Period Travelcards (7 days and
longer) to my knowledge.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

[email protected] January 20th 05 08:10 PM

Quick Oyster Question

Have a look at one of the nine threads this has already been discussed
in on:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...+odtc&qt_ g=1

Tim January 21st 05 03:03 PM

Quick Oyster Question

Jason wrote:
Don't think so - only Pre-Pay, and Period Travelcards (7 days and
longer) to my knowledge.

There must be some reason why they haven't done it. I suspect because
to order online, the credit card charges wouldn't make it worth while.

I always thought they could just put up pads on the wall - touch here
for a one day travelcard.

But then if they ever manage to get capping working, then this wouldn't
be needed.

[as an aside, I also noticed that most of the LCD displays on the oyster
readers I went through weren't working]

Tim