Old January 20th 05, 09:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Quick Oyster Question

Hi, can I put a one day travel card on my Oyster?
I get the impression that I can only put 7 day and upwards travel cards
on it. Have I got the wrong end of the stick?
If so where can this be done? I dont remember seeing the option on the
Tube Ticket machines.
CM.

Old January 20th 05, 08:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Have a look at one of the nine threads this has already been discussed
in on:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...+odtc&qt_ g=1

Old January 21st 05, 03:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Tim is offline

Jason wrote:
Don't think so - only Pre-Pay, and Period Travelcards (7 days and
longer) to my knowledge.

There must be some reason why they haven't done it. I suspect because
to order online, the credit card charges wouldn't make it worth while.

I always thought they could just put up pads on the wall - touch here
for a one day travelcard.

But then if they ever manage to get capping working, then this wouldn't
be needed.

[as an aside, I also noticed that most of the LCD displays on the oyster
readers I went through weren't working]

Tim