Old January 27th 05, 10:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Frequent service maps...

wrote in message
oups.com...
John Rowland

I am not convinced that the station
names should be coloured at all,

Sorry, I wasn't clear there. I didn't intend
that station names should be coloured,

I know, I was criticising the map, not anything you had suggested.

I'd propose a slightly different model,
in which each London terminal was given a colour,

Only lines which cross need to have different colours. (The LU lines are an
exception, because their colours are a given.)

You know, it's five years since I made that map on
your site, and I find I'm still obsessing over this stuff.
I wonder if I have a syndrome of some sort.

As soon as a psychologist finds people like you interesting, you suddenly
acquire a syndrome. I wouldn't worry about it.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old January 28th 05, 12:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

John Rowland

I am not convinced that the station
names should be coloured at all,

Sorry, I wasn't clear there. I didn't intend
that station names should be coloured,

I know, I was criticising the map, not anything you had suggested.

I'd propose a slightly different model,
in which each London terminal was given a colour,

Only lines which cross need to have different colours. (The LU lines are an
exception, because their colours are a given.)

You know, it's five years since I made that map on
your site, and I find I'm still obsessing over this stuff.
I wonder if I have a syndrome of some sort.

As soon as a psychologist finds people like you interesting, you suddenly
acquire a syndrome. I wouldn't worry about it.

I do sometimes wonder if some weird syndrome will be discovered to
explain away my unhealthy fascination with transport. I already have a
solution, though... try to turn it into a job!

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old January 28th 05, 02:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave Arquati
I do sometimes wonder if some weird syndrome will be discovered to
explain away my unhealthy fascination with transport. I already have a

solution, though... try to turn it into a job!

Heh, good plan. I'm a journalist, so I have no such excuse...

Jonn

Old January 28th 05, 05:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
oups.com...
Dave Arquati

I do sometimes wonder if some weird syndrome
will be discovered to explain away my unhealthy
fascination with transport. I already have a solution,
though... try to turn it into a job!

Heh, good plan. I'm a journalist, so I have no such excuse...

Maybe you should become transport editor for BBC News... oh hang on, I don't
think they'd take anyone who knew anything about transport.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

What basic two platform station has the most frequent service? Recliner[_3_] London Transport 5 May 29th 15 08:34 PM
More frequent? C London Transport 8 January 3rd 07 03:57 PM
Frequent service maps... Nick London Transport 22 January 29th 05 12:01 PM
Frequent service maps... Dan Gravell London Transport 21 January 25th 05 06:54 PM
Frequent service maps... Tom Anderson London Transport 0 January 20th 05 03:46 PM