London Banter

-   -   Route 73 to go DD and Route 29 to go Bendi??? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2739-route-73-go-dd-route.html)

Ian F. February 8th 05 10:31 AM

Route 73 to go DD and Route 29 to go Bendi???

"Niklas Karlsson" wrote in message

That is the sort of thing up with which you will not put?

You should *never* use a preposition to end a sentence with.

Ian

Paul Corfield February 8th 05 04:34 PM

Route 73 to go DD and Route 29 to go Bendi???

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 00:50:50 -0000, "John Rowland"
wrote:

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
.. .

There is a consultation under way concerning
changes to routes 29 and 141

Is this a consultation that the public can contribute to?

I was only made aware of it via a LOTS publication. To give you the
gist here is a summary of the two options. I would expect that the
relevant stakeholders such as Haringey and Camden Councils are the
people being consulted.

Option 1 is as follows

21 extended via 141 as far as Newington Green
29 Withdrawn north of Wood Green and converted to artic.
141 Extended north of Wood Green to Palmers Green to replace the 29.
329 Frequencies reduced.
N29 Withdrawn between Enfield Town and Ponders End and converted to
artic.

Option 2 is as follows

21 Extended to Newington Green via route 141.
29 Withdrawn north of Wood Green. LFDD operation retained. Frequency
increased.
141, 329 No change to these routes.
429 A new number for the sectional part of the current 29 between Camden
Town and Palmers Green.
N29 Withdrawn beyond Enfield Town. LFDD operation retained.

HTH

--
Paul C

David Cantrell February 8th 05 10:18 PM

Route 73 to go DD and Route 29 to go Bendi???

On 6 Feb 2005 12:22:30 -0800, (Martin Whelton)
said:

Apparently it has been reported in other newsgroup forums that Route
73 is to revert back to being a double deck bus route and the bendis
redeployed on the Route 29, does anyone know whether any truth exists
in this story or is it just mere speculation. If it does revert it
will be interesting what reason is given, I suspect bendi buses
running the whole length of Oxford Street has been a major problem
along with the buses being backed to capacity in the morning peak.

They cause untold chaos at the junction of New Oxford St and
Bloomsbury St, and it seems to me that the area around Victoria bus
station has got snarled up a lot more often since the hateful things
were introduced.

--
David Cantrell |
http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

James Farrar February 8th 05 10:41 PM

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 11:31:09 -0000, Ian F. wrote:

"Niklas Karlsson" wrote in message

That is the sort of thing up with which you will not put?

You should *never* use a preposition to end a sentence with.

And never start a sentence with a conjunction.

Colin Rosenstiel February 12th 05 10:07 AM

Route 73 to go DD and Route 29 to go Bendi???

In article ,
(David Cantrell) wrote:

On 6 Feb 2005 12:22:30 -0800,
(Martin Whelton)
said:

Apparently it has been reported in other newsgroup forums that Route
73 is to revert back to being a double deck bus route and the bendis
redeployed on the Route 29, does anyone know whether any truth exists
in this story or is it just mere speculation. If it does revert it
will be interesting what reason is given, I suspect bendi buses
running the whole length of Oxford Street has been a major problem
along with the buses being backed to capacity in the morning peak.

They cause untold chaos at the junction of New Oxford St and
Bloomsbury St, and it seems to me that the area around Victoria bus
station has got snarled up a lot more often since the hateful things
were introduced.

All modern buses seem to have problems with the right turn from Bloomsbury
Street, with its bus lane on the right, into New Oxford Street with its
bus lane on the left, hemmed in by an island. The RMs seemed not to have
the problems but they ended with the 73 conversion. The remaining RMs
there take the New Oxford St lane straight on there.

--
Colin Rosenstiel