Old February 10th 05, 02:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Underground theme song

"Mrs Redboots" wrote in message
James Farrar wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 10 Feb 2005:

Well, I get assaulted by the smells of Burger King and **** and sweat
just about every day on my tube travels, often together. "Every subway
has a ****ing tramp" would have been a better line than "platform", I
admit.

Actually, I've never seen a tramp ****ing on either subway or platform -
they're usually fast asleep.

It sounds quite entertaining though - they'd probably collect more than by
busking.

Old February 10th 05, 03:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Jack Taylor ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

"Every subway has a ****ing tramp" would have been a better line
than "platform", I admit.

Actually, I've never seen a tramp ****ing on either subway or
platform - they're usually fast asleep.

It sounds quite entertaining though - they'd probably collect more
than by busking.

Eeeeewwww Horrible mental image.
Old February 10th 05, 07:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Adrian" wrote in message
. 1.4...
Jack Taylor ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :
"Every subway has a ****ing tramp" would have been a better line
than "platform", I admit.
Actually, I've never seen a tramp ****ing on either subway or
platform - they're usually fast asleep.

It sounds quite entertaining though - they'd probably collect more
than by busking.

Eeeeewwww Horrible mental image.

I was going to ask why so many of them seem to have a dog and then I thought
"Don't go there !!"
Cheerz,
Baz

Old February 11th 05, 10:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Marratxi wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 10 Feb 2005:

"Adrian" wrote in message
.1.4...
Jack Taylor ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :
"Every subway has a ****ing tramp" would have been a better line
than "platform", I admit.
Actually, I've never seen a tramp ****ing on either subway or
platform - they're usually fast asleep.
It sounds quite entertaining though - they'd probably collect more
than by busking.

Eeeeewwww Horrible mental image.

I was going to ask why so many of them seem to have a dog and then I thought
"Don't go there !!"

ROTFL.....
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old February 11th 05, 11:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Adrian" wrote in message
. 1.4...
Jack Taylor ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

"Every subway has a ****ing tramp" would
have been a better line than "platform", I admit.

Actually, I've never seen a tramp ****ing on either
subway or platform - they're usually fast asleep.

It sounds quite entertaining though -
they'd probably collect more than by busking.

Eeeeewwww Horrible mental image.

You're not a fan of "Hobo Humping Slobo Babe" then...

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old February 11th 05, 02:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
d d is offline

"Brimstone" wrote in message
James Farrar wrote:
On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 08:17:14 +0000 (UTC), Brimstone
wrote:

"James Farrar" wrote in message
newspslyf3izvwnvjb9@whisk...
On 9 Feb 2005 19:46:37 GMT, Robin May
wrote:

wrote the following in:

http://www.backingblair.co.uk/london_underground/

Jesus, when will this horribly boring, completely unfunny song go
away?

When it ceases being accurate?

Accurate about what, the reality or people's prejudices?

Well, I get assaulted by the smells of Burger King and **** and sweat
just about every day on my tube travels, often together. "Every
subway has a ****ing tramp" would have been a better line than
"platform", I admit.

That's down to the lack of consideration by your fellow travellers, the
staff get just as fed up with it as you do. Imagine, you've just had your
meal break and you've got another four and a half hours to do with no
chance of getting off the train when someone comes and sits immediately
behind the cab with a bag of fish and chips (or whatever).

And if the travelling public are prejudiced against the tube drivers
for their frequent strikes and threatened strikes, that's the
drivers' fault, not the public's.

Don't forget it two to tango, people don't go on strike for the fun of it.
Whatever the reason published in the media, it's usually the culmination
of a series of events. BTW, it's not always the drivers who are on or
threatening strike, that's simply the slant that the idle tabloid
journalists put on it.

Whatever it is, it's the public that gets shafted, and it's the public that
complains. I wasn't mistaken all those times when the tube was closed and I
had to walk/bus/walk/walk/bus/walk all the way to work. I think the public
perception is pretty spot-on.

Old February 11th 05, 02:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
d d is offline

"Brimstone" wrote in message

"Paul Cummins" wrote in message
In article ,
(Brimstone) wrote:

Don't forget it two to tango, people don't go on strike for the fun of
it. Whatever the reason published in the media, it's usually the
culmination of a series of events. BTW, it's not always the drivers who
are on or threatening strike, that's simply the slant that the idle
tabloid journalists put on it.

Is it the public's fault that the two parties involved in a strike are
involved in the strike?

Which has what to do with the topic under discussion exactly?

You mentioned it takes "two to tango", yet neither party is the public
(which it seemed you were attempting to partly blame for the action). It's
not our fault management and staff get annoyed, yet we suffer. And to top
it all off, when we complain, people pipe up with the "wah waah you don't
understand waah waah" lines. It's tiresome, and doesn't seem to end the
strikes.

If the tube staff really didn't want to strike, then they'd open the tube to
the public for free instead of striking. The public get their service, the
management takes a dive, and the public has a reason to be grateful for this
industrial action, instead of bitter (and late for work).

I'm saying, if the london underground wants people to stop being so angry
towards the staff, then the staff should start respecting the customers.
There's so much behaviour on public transport in London that ****es off
travellers, it's no wonder the public is growing more and more peeved with
the whole situation.

just sayin'

Old February 11th 05, 02:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"d" wrote in message
k...

wrote:

wrote the following in:

[...]

If the media can't tell the correct story how would the population at large
know?