London Banter

-   -   KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2757-ken-livingstone-racist.html)

WHO'S YER DADDY?!! February 11th 05 06:57 PM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

I'm loving this one: the sallow, onion-faced c*nt's drunk on power, not to
mention white wine when this happened:

http://today.reuters.co.uk/News/news...storyID=2005-0
2-11T132847Z_01_HOP148445_RTRUKOC_0_BRITAIN-LIVINGSTONE.xml

Please let me know if you hear anything about it on the BBC: I saw nothing
on BBC TV London News (Ken Is Buddha to them of course)

ROBBIE

Stuart February 11th 05 09:48 PM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

WHO'S YER DADDY?!! wrote:
I'm loving this one: the sallow, onion-faced c*nt's drunk on power, not to
mention white wine when this happened:

http://today.reuters.co.uk/News/news...storyID=2005-0
2-11T132847Z_01_HOP148445_RTRUKOC_0_BRITAIN-LIVINGSTONE.xml

Please let me know if you hear anything about it on the BBC: I saw nothing
on BBC TV London News (Ken Is Buddha to them of course)

You wouldn't have seen it on the news today because it was on the news
yesterday

Kapitan Klink February 12th 05 11:15 AM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

ORIGINAL POSTER: ******

WHO'S YER DADDY?!! February 12th 05 11:20 AM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

"Kapitan Klink" wrote in message
om...
"WHO'S YER DADDY?!!" wrote in message

I'm loving this one: the sallow, onion-faced c*nt's drunk on power, not

mention white wine when this happened:

http://today.reuters.co.uk/News/news...storyID=2005-0
2-11T132847Z_01_HOP148445_RTRUKOC_0_BRITAIN-LIVINGSTONE.xml

Please let me know if you hear anything about it on the BBC: I saw

nothing
on BBC TV London News (Ken Is Buddha to them of course)

ROBBIE

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST
ORIGINAL POSTER: ******

Could you explain?

[email protected] February 13th 05 10:07 AM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

WHO'S YER DADDY?!! wrote:
I'm loving this one: the sallow, onion-faced c*nt's drunk on power,

not to
mention white wine when this happened:

http://today.reuters.co.uk/News/news...storyID=2005-0
2-11T132847Z_01_HOP148445_RTRUKOC_0_BRITAIN-LIVINGSTONE.xml

Please let me know if you hear anything about it on the BBC: I saw

nothing
on BBC TV London News (Ken Is Buddha to them of course)

ROBBIE

Since everything Ken does is shot down by the evening standard (such as
the congestion charge, tube and bus prices, etc.) he probably feels
that someone in the Standard has a grudge against him. The
concentration camps were set up because Hitler had a grudge against
Jewish people. Lets compare an Evening Standard reporter to a
Concentration camp guard. Now do you see why he said it?

Probably a bit harsh but when the newspaper with the monopoly on
evening reading in London is always against anything you do you must be
able to see how he feels

--
Chris

Kapitan Klink February 13th 05 11:31 AM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

"WHO'S YER DADDY?!!" wrote in message ...
"Kapitan Klink" wrote in message
om...
"WHO'S YER DADDY?!!" wrote in message

I'm loving this one: the sallow, onion-faced c*nt's drunk on power, not

mention white wine when this happened:

http://today.reuters.co.uk/News/news...storyID=2005-0
2-11T132847Z_01_HOP148445_RTRUKOC_0_BRITAIN-LIVINGSTONE.xml

Please let me know if you hear anything about it on the BBC: I saw

nothing
on BBC TV London News (Ken Is Buddha to them of course)

ROBBIE

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST
ORIGINAL POSTER: ******

Could you explain?

The OP slagged off KL and called him an onion-faced c*nt; I adopted
the format of his header line to state what I thought of the OP

OK?

Michael Hoffman February 13th 05 01:03 PM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

wrote:

Since everything Ken does is shot down by the evening standard (such as
the congestion charge, tube and bus prices, etc.) he probably feels
that someone in the Standard has a grudge against him. The
concentration camps were set up because Hitler had a grudge against
Jewish people. Lets compare an Evening Standard reporter to a
Concentration camp guard. Now do you see why he said it?

Poor judgment? Ignorance? Stupidity? Self-importance? Not being able to
tell the difference between the organized slaughter of millions and some
hatchet jobs in a newspaper? You tell me.

Probably a bit harsh but when the newspaper with the monopoly on
evening reading in London is always against anything you do you must be
able to see how he feels

He is a public official, and I expect more. Even from Ken.
--
Michael Hoffman

Mrs Redboots February 13th 05 01:19 PM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

Michael Hoffman wrote to uk.transport.london on Sun, 13 Feb 2005:

wrote:

Since everything Ken does is shot down by the evening standard (such as
the congestion charge, tube and bus prices, etc.) he probably feels
that someone in the Standard has a grudge against him. The
concentration camps were set up because Hitler had a grudge against
Jewish people. Lets compare an Evening Standard reporter to a
Concentration camp guard. Now do you see why he said it?

Poor judgment? Ignorance? Stupidity? Self-importance? Not being able to
tell the difference between the organized slaughter of millions and some
hatchet jobs in a newspaper? You tell me.

Probably a little hammered, or he would have guarded his tongue.

Probably a bit harsh but when the newspaper with the monopoly on
evening reading in London is always against anything you do you must be
able to see how he feels

He is a public official, and I expect more. Even from Ken.

All goes to show that people in public life ought not to drink.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Steve Peake February 14th 05 06:52 AM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 14:03:44 +0000, Michael Hoffman wrote:

He is a public official, and I expect more. Even from Ken.

Perhaps he is thinking about the fact that the evening standards sister
paper, the Daily Mail, supported the Fascists in the 30's and wrote
articles supporting some of Hitler's policies. Back to modern day the
whole group of companies have a history of constant attacks on minority
groups.

Comparing the employee of such a paper to one of Hitlers guards seems quite
apt.

Steve

CAMILLE SAINT SAENS February 14th 05 08:58 AM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

wrote in message
oups.com...

WHO'S YER DADDY?!! wrote:
I'm loving this one: the sallow, onion-faced c*nt's drunk on power,

not to
mention white wine when this happened:

http://today.reuters.co.uk/News/news...storyID=2005-0
2-11T132847Z_01_HOP148445_RTRUKOC_0_BRITAIN-LIVINGSTONE.xml

Please let me know if you hear anything about it on the BBC: I saw

nothing
on BBC TV London News (Ken Is Buddha to them of course)

ROBBIE

Since everything Ken does is shot down by the evening standard (such as
the congestion charge, tube and bus prices, etc.) he probably feels
that someone in the Standard has a grudge against him. The
concentration camps were set up because Hitler had a grudge against
Jewish people. Lets compare an Evening Standard reporter to a
Concentration camp guard. Now do you see why he said it?

No. It was ****ing peurile. Worthy of a 17 year ol drunk in the student
union. The Standard was right behind him becoming mayor.

Probably a bit harsh but when the newspaper with the monopoly on
evening reading in London is always against anything you do you must be
able to see how he feels

You obvioulsy don't read the paper.

ROBBIE
'Why can't people know something before opening their gobs.'

CAMILLE SAINT SAENS February 14th 05 09:06 AM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

"Steve Peake" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 14:03:44 +0000, Michael Hoffman wrote:

He is a public official, and I expect more. Even from Ken.

Perhaps he is thinking about the fact that the evening standards sister
paper, the Daily Mail, supported the Fascists in the 30's and wrote
articles supporting some of Hitler's policies. Back to modern day the
whole group of companies have a history of constant attacks on minority
groups.

Comparing the employee of such a paper to one of Hitlers guards seems

quite
apt.

Steve

Another 17-year-old! Yes The Daily Mail was pro-fascist in the 30s as was
its famous foreign correspondent in Ethiopia, the greatest English Novelist
of the 20th century Evelyn Waugh. Most people were up for appeasing Adolf
until May 1940 when glorious Winston Churchill finally disabused these
******s--including the King-- of their appeasing ways. You, like
Livingstone, probably clam up when you think about how a tory had the vision
to fight fascism to the end. However, back, as you say, to modern day the
Mail does *not* have a history of 'constant attacks' on minority groups; it
has a policy of attacking certain *attitudes* to minority groups.

ROBBIE

Brimstone February 14th 05 09:57 AM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

CAMILLE SAINT SAENS wrote:
[...]

Churchill had also been a Liberal.

Barry Buitekant February 14th 05 12:07 PM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

Steve Peake wrote in message ...

"Perhaps he is thinking about the fact that the evening standards
sister
paper, the Daily Mail, supported the Fascists in the 30's and wrote
articles supporting some of Hitler's policies. Back to modern day the
whole group of companies have a history of constant attacks on
minority
groups.

Comparing the employee of such a paper to one of Hitlers guards seems
quite
apt."

What a stupid remark! At least when Livingstone made the concentration
camp guard remark he had the excuse of being drunk. Whats your excuse?

Marratxi February 14th 05 11:32 PM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

I don't like the man, his politics or a lot of what he does but I don't
think he's a racist. A little bit drunk, irrational but not racist.
Baz

Aidan Stanger February 15th 05 06:40 AM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

Marratxi wrote:

I don't like the man, his politics or a lot of what he does but I don't
think he's a racist. A little bit drunk, irrational but not racist.

He isn't, AFAICT, but his comment certainly was racist - he only said it
because the reporter was Jewish.

But it's unlikely many people will hold his comments against him for
long. The thing about Ken is that his mouth is so big that he can get
away with putting his foot in it occasionally!

Brimstone February 15th 05 07:19 AM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

"Aidan Stanger" wrote in message
Marratxi wrote:

I don't like the man, his politics or a lot of what he does but I don't
think he's a racist. A little bit drunk, irrational but not racist.

He isn't, AFAICT, but his comment certainly was racist - he only said it
because the reporter was Jewish.

But it's unlikely many people will hold his comments against him for
long. The thing about Ken is that his mouth is so big that he can get
away with putting his foot in it occasionally!

As far as I can make out he simply used the camp guard jibe as a comparator
because the reporter (who hasn't been criticised AFAIK) was "only following
orders". What is "racist" about that?

Aidan Stanger February 15th 05 07:34 AM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

Brimstone wrote:
"Aidan Stanger" wrote...
Marratxi wrote:

I don't like the man, his politics or a lot of what he does but I don't
think he's a racist. A little bit drunk, irrational but not racist.

He isn't, AFAICT, but his comment certainly was racist - he only said it
because the reporter was Jewish.

But it's unlikely many people will hold his comments against him for
long. The thing about Ken is that his mouth is so big that he can get
away with putting his foot in it occasionally!

As far as I can make out he simply used the camp guard jibe as a comparator
because the reporter (who hasn't been criticised AFAIK) was "only following
orders". What is "racist" about that?

I'm going by what I read at
http://politics.guardian.co.uk/gla/s...414821,00.html

Brimstone February 15th 05 07:55 AM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

"Aidan Stanger" wrote in message

Brimstone February 15th 05 07:57 AM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

"Aidan Stanger" wrote in message
Brimstone wrote:
"Aidan Stanger" wrote...
Marratxi wrote:

I don't like the man, his politics or a lot of what he does but I
don't
think he's a racist. A little bit drunk, irrational but not racist.

He isn't, AFAICT, but his comment certainly was racist - he only said
it
because the reporter was Jewish.

But it's unlikely many people will hold his comments against him for
long. The thing about Ken is that his mouth is so big that he can get
away with putting his foot in it occasionally!

As far as I can make out he simply used the camp guard jibe as a
comparator
because the reporter (who hasn't been criticised AFAIK) was "only
following
orders". What is "racist" about that?

I'm going by what I read at
http://politics.guardian.co.uk/gla/s...414821,00.html

Although I my post followed on from yours, it wasn't directly aimed at you,
apologies if that was the impression.

d February 16th 05 03:48 PM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

"Michael Hoffman" wrote in message

Since everything Ken does is shot down by the evening standard (such as
the congestion charge, tube and bus prices, etc.) he probably feels
that someone in the Standard has a grudge against him. The
concentration camps were set up because Hitler had a grudge against
Jewish people. Lets compare an Evening Standard reporter to a
Concentration camp guard. Now do you see why he said it?

Poor judgment? Ignorance? Stupidity? Self-importance? Not being able to
tell the difference between the organized slaughter of millions and some
hatchet jobs in a newspaper? You tell me.

Probably a bit harsh but when the newspaper with the monopoly on
evening reading in London is always against anything you do you must be
able to see how he feels

I'm not defending anything or anyone here, but there's a massive difference
between a cog and the machine it goes in. Unless he compared that person to
Hitler, and not a guard, then your analogy is somewhat erroneous.

Michael Hoffman February 16th 05 05:11 PM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

d wrote:

I'm not defending anything or anyone here, but there's a massive difference
between a cog and the machine it goes in. Unless he compared that person to
Hitler, and not a guard, then your analogy is somewhat erroneous.

It would be if I agreed with your inherent assumption that the guards
were "just following orders" and had no moral responsibility to stop what
they were doing.
--
Michael Hoffman

David Splett February 16th 05 06:02 PM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

"Brimstone" wrote in message
As far as I can make out he simply used the camp guard jibe as a
comparator because the reporter (who hasn't been criticised AFAIK) was
"only following orders". What is "racist" about that?

I don't think it's necessarily racist, though coming from a man who
champions political correctness to extreme it's more than a little
hypocritical.

But the thing that strikes me most is what an odd thing it was to say. If I
felt I was being harassed by a reporter, I can think of many things I might
do or say, but I really can't imagine the subject of concentration camps
coming into my head.

But only London would elect such an incompetent oddball as Ken Livingstone!

Chris Tolley February 16th 05 06:41 PM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 19:02:41 -0000, David Splett wrote:

But only London would elect ... Ken Livingstone!

That may be because only London could. It *is* where he stood...

--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9767311.html
(Class 455 unit 5743 masquerading as unit 5750 at Wimbledon in 1991

Brimstone February 16th 05 11:06 PM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

David Splett wrote:
"Brimstone" wrote in message
As far as I can make out he simply used the camp guard jibe as a
comparator because the reporter (who hasn't been criticised AFAIK)
was "only following orders". What is "racist" about that?

I don't think it's necessarily racist, though coming from a man who
champions political correctness to extreme it's more than a little
hypocritical.

But the thing that strikes me most is what an odd thing it was to
say. If I felt I was being harassed by a reporter, I can think of
many things I might do or say, but I really can't imagine the subject
of concentration camps coming into my head.

But only London would elect such an incompetent oddball as Ken
Livingstone!

Just in case you're not aware one of the excuses used by concentration camp
guards for their behaviour, and disallowed by the Nuremburg Trials, was that
they were "only following orders".

Given that the reporter in question was questioning Livingstone at the time
and place that he was, was in compliance with orders from his superior, what
is the difference?

James Farrar February 16th 05 11:17 PM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 00:06:01 +0000 (UTC), Brimstone
wrote:

David Splett wrote:
"Brimstone" wrote in message
[...]

He didn't use that as justification for his actions.

And he didn't kill anyone, in case that evaded your attention.

Michael Hoffman February 16th 05 11:24 PM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

Brimstone wrote:

Given that the reporter in question was questioning Livingstone at the time
and place that he was, was in compliance with orders from his superior, what
is the difference?

You can't tell the difference? Be serious.
--
Michael Hoffman

Brimstone February 16th 05 11:39 PM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

wrote:

David Splett wrote:
"Brimstone" wrote in message
[...]

Killing people is irrelevant, the excuse that one is "only following orders"
is and is not sufficient excuse for behaving in an unreasonable manner to
another person. If the reporter wasn't out to get a story against
Livingstone why did he break it? He could have simply let it pass.

Michael Hoffman February 17th 05 06:48 AM

OT: KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

Brimstone wrote:

Killing people is irrelevant,

That shows a lack of respect for human life.

the excuse that one is "only following orders" is and is not
sufficient excuse for behaving in an unreasonable manner to
another person.

You think the systematic slaughter of millions is simply
"behaving in an unreasonable manner" and is on the order of
magnitude of a few unfair articles? Get real.
--
Michael Hoffman

Brimstone February 17th 05 07:20 AM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

Michael Hoffman wrote:
Brimstone wrote:

Killing people is irrelevant,

That shows a lack of respect for human life.

It's irrelevant to the discussion.

the excuse that one is "only following orders" is and is not
sufficient excuse for behaving in an unreasonable manner to
another person.

You think the systematic slaughter of millions is simply
"behaving in an unreasonable manner" and is on the order of
magnitude of a few unfair articles? Get real.

I didn't say it was of the same magnitude. Go back and read what I said, not
what you think I said , but to do that it looks as if you'll have to get rid
of your prejudices.

Michael Hoffman February 17th 05 08:25 AM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

Brimstone wrote:
Michael Hoffman wrote:
Brimstone wrote:
Killing people is irrelevant,

That shows a lack of respect for human life.

It's irrelevant to the discussion.

You don't get to decide what is and is not relevant to the
discussion.

the excuse that one is "only following orders" is and is not
sufficient excuse for behaving in an unreasonable manner to
another person.

You think the systematic slaughter of millions is simply
"behaving in an unreasonable manner" and is on the order of
magnitude of a few unfair articles? Get real.

I didn't say it was of the same magnitude. Go back and read what I said, not
what you think I said, but to do that it looks as if you'll have to get rid
of your prejudices.

You asked what the difference was. I thought that was a
rhetorical question, but I will concede that if I take your
words at face value you were only asking to be informed.

You have now been so informed. And I now realize this thread is
thoroughly off-topic so I won't be participating further.

Cheers,
--
Michael Hoffman

James Farrar February 17th 05 10:07 AM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 00:39:51 +0000 (UTC), Brimstone
wrote:

Killing people is irrelevant,

That would be your recommended defence for a murder defendant?

the excuse that one is "only following orders"

....was not used by the reporter.

Next!

Clive Coleman February 25th 05 06:01 PM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

In message , Huge
writes
Probably a bit harsh but when the newspaper with the monopoly on
evening reading in London is always against anything you do you must be
able to see how he feels

No. The comparison is odious and you are a moron.

As I don't live within 350 miles of London their local rag is a bit hard
to get here, but I did hear his reply and it sounded a very creditable
performance, regardless of the pressure he was under. It's about time
a few more politicians had the same guts, then we might all get the
truth instead of constant warnings telling us of impending disaster if
London got bombed, and therefore we need them even more.
--
Clive.

Clive Coleman February 25th 05 06:04 PM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

In message , CAMILLE SAINT SAENS
writes
However, back, as you say, to modern day the Mail does *not* have a
history of 'constant attacks' on minority groups; it has a policy of
attacking certain *attitudes* to minority groups.

Is there a difference?
--
Clive.

Richard J. February 25th 05 08:10 PM

KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

Clive Coleman wrote:
In message , Huge
writes
Probably a bit harsh but when the newspaper with the monopoly on
evening reading in London is always against anything you do you
must be able to see how he feels

No. The comparison is odious and you are a moron.

As I don't live within 350 miles of London their local rag is a bit
hard to get here,

Except that it's on the internet. Did you realise that the Standard
supported Livingstone at the last mayoral election? Or that Livingstone
has worked for the Standard as a restaurant critic?. Try reading
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ing%20Standard
for the transcript of the incident if you haven't seen it.

but I did hear his reply and it sounded a very
creditable performance, regardless of the pressure he was under.

Perhaps you should also read the journalist's view of the incident at
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/l...ing%20Standard

--
Richard J.