London Banter

-   -   Train Fire at Victoria (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2793-train-fire-victoria.html)

[email protected] February 24th 05 07:17 AM

Train Fire at Victoria

A guy just walked into the office and said that the front coach of his
train went up in flames after it had arrived at Victoria this morning.
He descibed it as one of the old trains. I didn't realise that slam
door stock still worked from Kent. Just as well it happened whilst
stopped in the station.

Kevin

Richard J. February 24th 05 10:44 AM

Train Fire at Victoria

wrote:
A guy just walked into the office and said that the front coach of
his train went up in flames after it had arrived at Victoria this
morning. He descibed it as one of the old trains. I didn't realise
that slam door stock still worked from Kent. Just as well it
happened whilst stopped in the station.

Can't see any other reports. Are you sure the coach "went up in flames"
or was there perhaps just a bit of smoke? Some litter on the third rail
perhaps?
--
Richard J.

[email protected] February 24th 05 11:37 AM

Train Fire at Victoria

In fact it exploded. The bang startled every pigeon in Victoria off its
perch. This wasn't just litter catching fire.

Kevin

Brimstone February 24th 05 11:48 AM

Train Fire at Victoria

wrote in message
oups.com...
In fact it exploded. The bang startled every pigeon in Victoria off its
perch. This wasn't just litter catching fire.

Nevertheless, did the vehicle catch fire, did staff start dashing about with
fire extinguishers, was the traction current turned off, did the Fire
Brigade attend?

If the answer to any of these questions is "No", then the vehicle concerned
did not "go up in smike" and you are being unnecessarily alarmist.

(You're not an Evening Standard journalist are you?)

TheOneKEA February 24th 05 11:48 AM

Train Fire at Victoria

snip

Ouch. Explosions from electric stock are probably not a Good Thing...

Did he say what colour it was?

Brimstone February 24th 05 11:59 AM

Train Fire at Victoria

"TheOneKEA" wrote in message
oups.com...
snip

Ouch. Explosions from electric stock are probably not a Good Thing...

Did he say what colour it was?

Flames are usually in the yellow-orange-red part of the spectrum. ;-)

Richard J. February 24th 05 01:58 PM

Train Fire at Victoria

wrote:
In fact it exploded. The bang startled every pigeon in Victoria off
its perch. This wasn't just litter catching fire.

So, you're saying that the front coach of a train exploded and went up
in flames at Victoria this morning. Don't you think it's a bit odd that
no news organisation has picked up the story? I suggest you ask your
colleague to stop exaggerating and tell you what *really* happened.
--
Richard J.

[email protected] February 24th 05 02:15 PM

Train Fire at Victoria

Don't have a f**king go at me. At 8.10 this morning a co worker
announced that the front coach of his train went up in flames at
Victoria. The office is at Vauxhall so I guess that this happened
between 7.45 and 7.55. And you are saying why didn't any news
organisation pick it up. It had happened in the previous 15 minutes.
You can't report any rail related incident now for fear of setting the
train spotters off on one.
Was the traction current switched off, how the f**k should I know.
Unnecessarly alarmist for reporting a train catching fire.
When did the nazis take control of this country.

Kevin

TheOneKEA February 24th 05 02:16 PM

Train Fire at Victoria

Brimstone wrote:

Flames are usually in the yellow-orange-red part of the spectrum.
;-)

Certainly ;-)

I was just curious as to what livery the suspect train was in. If it
does turn out that the unit has slagged itself in some way, losing one
of the heritage units (like the 4-VEP 3417) would be pretty bad.

Brimstone February 24th 05 02:20 PM

Train Fire at Victoria

wrote in message
ups.com...
Don't have a f**king go at me. At 8.10 this morning a co worker
announced that the front coach of his train went up in flames at
Victoria. The office is at Vauxhall so I guess that this happened
between 7.45 and 7.55. And you are saying why didn't any news
organisation pick it up. It had happened in the previous 15 minutes.
You can't report any rail related incident now for fear of setting the
train spotters off on one.
Was the traction current switched off, how the f**k should I know.
Unnecessarly alarmist for reporting a train catching fire.
When did the nazis take control of this country.

Hmm, by the looks of you must be an Evening Standard journalist, they have a
sense of humour deficiency as well.