London Banter

-   -   Thameslink northbound service to Blackfriars this morning (Fri 25th Feb) (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2797-thameslink-northbound-service-blackfriars-morning.html)

Martin J February 25th 05 06:42 PM

Thameslink northbound service to Blackfriars this morning (Fri 25th Feb)

My wife reports a complete fiasco of service today.
Any one know what went on?
Thanks,
Martin.

Martin Smith February 25th 05 09:25 PM

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 19:42:18 -0000, Martin J wrote:
My wife reports a complete fiasco of service today.
Any one know what went on?
Thanks,
Martin.

"Services to and from London Bridge are subject to delays, short
running and cancellations due to severe weather" announcement at
Brockley station this morning. Well there was 4cm of snow and it was
actually snowing but it doesnt quite fit my criteria for the end
of civilization as we know it.

--
Martin

Chris Tolley February 25th 05 10:22 PM

wrote:
My wife reports a complete fiasco of service today.

Perhaps she means a complete farce. A fiasco was originally just a bit
of posh Venetian glassware that didn't turn out perfectly, but was still
good enough to sell as a 'second'.

--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p12161563.html
(Red Parcels Bubble 55995 at London Liverpool Street in 1991)

Terry Harper February 25th 05 10:39 PM

Thameslink northbound service to Blackfriars this morning (Fri 25th Feb)

wrote:
My wife reports a complete fiasco of service today.

Perhaps she means a complete farce. A fiasco was originally just a bit
of posh Venetian glassware that didn't turn out perfectly, but was still
good enough to sell as a 'second'.

My late father-in-law used to refer to me, before I married his
daughter, as "Our lass's fiasco".

Maybe I should have read more into his deliberate malapropism.
--
Terry Harper
http://www.terry.harper.btinternet.co.uk