London Banter

-   -   Peak bus fares sneak in unannounced (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2798-peak-bus-fares-sneak-unannounced.html)

Helen Deborah Vecht March 1st 05 04:55 PM

Peak bus fares sneak in unannounced

Bill Woods typed

On Sun 27 Feb 2005 14:22:22, wrote:

The tfl website is just wrong. It should read 6.30 am to 9.30 am
Mondays to Fridays for the peak pre-pay fare. I rang 7222 1234
and asked.

But the new fare summary leaflet says 19:00 hrs for Oyster pre-pay.

The .pdf of this leaflet I downloaded from the TfL website says 0930...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Richard J. March 1st 05 05:40 PM

Bill Woods wrote:
On Sun 27 Feb 2005 14:22:22, wrote:

The tfl website is just wrong. It should read 6.30 am to 9.30 am
Mondays to Fridays for the peak pre-pay fare. I rang 7222 1234
and asked.

But the new fare summary leaflet says 19:00 hrs for Oyster pre-pay.

Is that the one called "Fares from 27 February 2005" with about 16
pages? (which I haven't seen yet)
Are you sure you're looking at the Bus page?
--
Richard J.

Clive Coleman March 2nd 05 09:17 AM

Peak bus fares sneak in unannounced

In message , ?uzzled
writes
e already have some of the most expensive public transport in Europe
already and yet it still pales in comparison to some other European
countries.

Maybe in our attempt to be advanced we ripped up all the tram tracks
cities had for the modern buses of the day. Now relaying tram tracks
is expensive. Perhaps Johnny foreigner did have some foresight after
all.
--
Clive.

Clive Coleman March 2nd 05 09:23 AM

Peak bus fares sneak in unannounced

In message , Lawrence Myers
writes
Although the web site says peak fares apply till 19:00, the fares
leaflet says quite clearly that it's only till 09:30.

If only one hand knew what the other was doing.
--
Clive.