Old March 1st 05, 07:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default LU is getting worse!

I travel up to London every sunday and i find delays on the central
line,jubilee line full of enginering works and the district the same.
Traveling from Upminster brige to baker street is close coming up to 1
hour 45 mins compared to a while ago to 1 hour and ten due to the fact
of delays and longer routes.
I find my self taking buses as its quicker yes buses being quicker!
I would like to see some improvement soon to the underground as its
getting rediculous
Regards
James
Lyons

Old March 1st 05, 07:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"EorJames" wrote in message
oups.com...
I travel up to London every sunday and i find delays on the central
line,jubilee line full of enginering works and the district the same.
Traveling from Upminster brige to baker street is close coming up to 1
hour 45 mins compared to a while ago to 1 hour and ten due to the fact
of delays and longer routes.
I find my self taking buses as its quicker yes buses being quicker!
I would like to see some improvement soon to the underground as its
getting rediculous

Have you taken the trouble to find out what the cause of the extended time
is?

Old March 1st 05, 08:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 1 Mar 2005, EorJames wrote:

I travel up to London every sunday and i find delays on the central
line,jubilee line full of enginering works and the district the same.
Traveling from Upminster brige to baker street is close coming up to 1
hour 45 mins compared to a while ago to 1 hour and ten due to the fact
of delays and longer routes.

LTS/H&C?

I find my self taking buses as its quicker yes buses being quicker! I
would like to see some improvement soon to the underground as its
getting rediculous

It's like Vietnam: it's going to get worse before it gets better.

tom

--
22% Essential Components, 22% Repetitive Patterns, 56% Pauses

Old March 1st 05, 08:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Traveling from Upminster brige to baker street is close coming up to 1
hour 45 mins compared to a while ago to 1 hour and ten due to the fact
of delays and longer routes.
I find my self taking buses as its quicker yes buses being quicker!

During the current weekend closures, you could try getting the c2c
service from Upminster station to Fenchurch Street, then walk to
Aldgate East and get the "enchanced" Hammersmith & City from there to
Baker Street.

Having said that, the engineering closures do seem to be getting
worse. Half the underground seems to be closed at weekends these days.
There are some particularly badly-coordinated ones as well: for a
couple of Sundays last month (13th and 20th), much of NW London was
cut off from the centre, due to 3 separate sets of engineering works
resulting in the Metropolitan, Jubilee, Bakerloo, Chiltern, and
Silverlink Metro all simultaneously having no service to central
London.
Old March 1st 05, 08:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

EorJames wrote:
I travel up to London every sunday and i find delays on the central
line,jubilee line full of enginering works and the district the
same. Traveling from Upminster brige to baker street is close
coming up to 1 hour 45 mins compared to a while ago to 1 hour and
ten due to the fact of delays and longer routes.
I find my self taking buses as its quicker yes buses being quicker!
I would like to see some improvement soon to the underground as its
getting rediculous

If you are a volunteer railway worker (Epping-Ongar according to another
post of yours), I would expect you to realise that the engineering works
are in order to provide the improvement you would like to see. How else
do you expect tracks to be replaced?

Re your journey Upminster Bridge to Baker Street: why the longer route?
District UB to Whitechapel, then H&C Whitechapel to Baker Street should
take about an hour next weekend when the usual District/Circle weekend
closure is in place, according to the TfL Journey Planner.
--
Richard J.

Old March 1st 05, 10:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

EorJames wrote:
I travel up to London every sunday and i find delays on the central
line,jubilee line full of enginering works and the district the same.
Traveling from Upminster brige to baker street is close coming up to 1
hour 45 mins compared to a while ago to 1 hour and ten due to the fact
of delays and longer routes.
I find my self taking buses as its quicker yes buses being quicker!
I would like to see some improvement soon to the underground as its
getting rediculous

So you want improvements, but you don't want any engineering works to
take place?

Old March 1st 05, 10:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Yes i know i would love the tube to be better.
But why do they have to do all of the work at once.
But im trying a diffrent route this weekend see if that will be quicker
James

Old March 1st 05, 11:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 1 Mar 2005 15:49:44 -0800, EorJames wrote:

Yes i know i would love the tube to be better.
But why do they have to do all of the work at once.

The sooner it's done, the sooner it will be done.

But im trying a diffrent route this weekend see if that will be quicker

Is it a route that will take you to a place where you can buy some
punctuation?
Old March 2nd 05, 09:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Why would taking the trouble to find out the reason for the delay make
it better or excuse LUL for it.

Kevin

Old March 2nd 05, 11:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Yes i know i would love the tube to be better.
But why do they have to do all of the work at once.

The sooner it's done, the sooner it will be done.

But im trying a diffrent route this weekend see if that will be

quicker

Is it a route that will take you to a place where you can buy some
punctuation?

Don't laugh, they're going to start on the District from this month.
For the last two weekends Waterloo has been virtually closed, and I
believe this is going to be repeated again this weekend. There was also
vast distruption to those travelling from the Buckinhamshire area. I
wonder if the rail operators realise that people would actually like to
have the convienince of being able to travel to London at weekends? On
top of that the cost of an all zones travelcard has risen to £6.

Neill