Old March 2nd 05, 10:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london
M&m M&m is offline

Default Please help me - question about shop in London

Hello Everyone.
First - sorry abot writing on this group.

If anyone could - please tell me if this shop it is real shop in London?

12 ROTHERHITHE STREET
London , SE16 5HW
UNITED KINGDOM
Phone: (+44)7981554239
Fax : (+44)2079-002-566

Mayby someone was in this shop and can tell something more about .

Best regards
Mike

Old March 2nd 05, 03:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

If anyone could - please tell me if this shop it is real shop in London?

12 ROTHERHITHE STREET
London , SE16 5HW
UNITED KINGDOM
Phone: (+44)7981554239
Fax : (+44)2079-002-566

Mayby someone was in this shop and can tell something more about .

Do not order anything from that website. It is fraudulent.
Old March 2nd 05, 03:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , says...
Hello Everyone.
First - sorry abot writing on this group.

If anyone could - please tell me if this shop it is real shop in London?

12 ROTHERHITHE STREET
London , SE16 5HW
UNITED KINGDOM
Phone: (+44)7981554239
Fax : (+44)2079-002-566

Mayby someone was in this shop and can tell something more about .

Best regards
Mike

I do not know this shop but the phone number given is a mobile phone.

The postcode is the same as the Docklands Hilton Hotel so maybe you
could ask someone there if they know the shop.
Old March 2nd 05, 04:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Jim Brittin" [wake up to reply] wrote in
message m...
In article , says...
Hello Everyone.
First - sorry abot writing on this group.

If anyone could - please tell me if this shop it is real shop in

London?

12 ROTHERHITHE STREET
London , SE16 5HW
UNITED KINGDOM
Phone: (+44)7981554239
Fax : (+44)2079-002-566

Mayby someone was in this shop and can tell something more about .

Best regards
Mike

I do not know this shop but the phone number given is a mobile phone.

The postcode is the same as the Docklands Hilton Hotel so maybe you
could ask someone there if they know the shop.

http://www.itrademarket.com/FlamingoElectronics/profile

The website looks ok (http://flamingo-electronics.net/). HOWEVER - although
they claim to be a Limited Company, there is no company number on the
website (AFAICS) AND a quick search of the Companies House database using
their WebCHeck facility (http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/) does not find a
company registered as Flamingo Electronics Limited, so I'd be suspicious.

Old March 2nd 05, 04:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Jim Brittin
writes
The postcode is the same as the Docklands Hilton Hotel so maybe you
could ask someone there if they know the shop.

I stay at the Hilton Docklands quite often and can't think of *any* shop
in the immediate area, least of all one that looks like the one in the
photograph. That looks as though it's inside something else and I
can't think of anything like that around there. It's housing, a couple
of pubs and the hotel (and it's not inside the hotel).

Curious.
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk

Old March 2nd 05, 09:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

M&m wrote:
Hello Everyone.
First - sorry abot writing on this group.

If anyone could - please tell me if this shop it is real shop in London?

12 ROTHERHITHE STREET
London , SE16 5HW
UNITED KINGDOM
Phone: (+44)7981554239
Fax : (+44)2079-002-566

Mayby someone was in this shop and can tell something more about .

Best regards
Mike

In addition to the other answers you have:

https://www.flamingo-electronics.net/

The top picture on their info page does NOT look like it has any
computers in the shop!

The company logo is different on the two shops.

Strange to just have one branch in South London and one in Milan.

If you download the second picture and enlarge it, it looks like the
name has been Photoshopped.

That logo looks familiar too:

http://www.shop4antiques.com/graphic...ingoHilton.jpg

If they are in UK and Italy, then why are their prices in dollars?

Payment?

"If your order is under 5000 $ USD the only available payment option
will be transfering the money through WesternUnion service
(www.westernunion.com)Reliable, fast and convenient. Millions of people
trust Western Union. "

Haha!

It gets better:

"If your order exeeds 5000 $ USD we can use an escrow service like
LegomEscrow.com . In this case contact us by e-mail with your order. You
will have to sign up at legomescrow.com in order to complete the
transaction."

Look at it!

http://www.legomescrow.com/

Look at http://www.legomescrow.com/contact.html

Back to Flamingo:

They have a Verisign "click to verify" logo - it doesn't do anything.

And finally:

Domain Name.......... flamingo-electronics.net
Creation Date........ 2004-09-26
Registration Date.... 2004-09-26
Expiry Date.......... 2005-09-26
Organisation Name.... Nicolette Maxwell
Organisation Address. 1 Thorndale Court
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. South Elgin
Organisation Address. 60177
Organisation Address. IL
Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Doesn't match any of the names or addresses elsewhere and a quick Google
doesn't come up with anything at that address, though the street exists.

You haven't given them any money, have you????????

I thought I was being cynical at first, but there's no way they can
possibly be legitimate!

Anyone fancy trying the phone numbers?
Old March 2nd 05, 09:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Jim Brittin wrote:

The postcode is the same as the Docklands Hilton Hotel

Strange coincidence, or not? (See my other post.)
Old March 2nd 05, 09:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.local.london

Jack Taylor wrote:
"Jim Brittin" [wake up to reply] wrote in
message m...

In article , says...

Hello Everyone.
First - sorry abot writing on this group.

If anyone could - please tell me if this shop it is real shop in

London?

12 ROTHERHITHE STREET
London , SE16 5HW
UNITED KINGDOM
Phone: (+44)7981554239
Fax : (+44)2079-002-566

Mayby someone was in this shop and can tell something more about .

Best regards
Mike

I do not know this shop but the phone number given is a mobile phone.

The Fax number is the same one listed he

http://www.hipermarketing.com/nuevo%...r_agmerca.html

50 COURTFIELD GARDENS- SUITE #4
SW5 OND LONDRES, REINO UNIDO
TEL: 44 20 7900 2566
E-MAIL:
http://www.sponsorclick.com

The "Suite 4" gives it away as almost certainly a shared mailing address
of some kind.

The postcode, according to
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/addressfinder is a bunch of flats in
Kensington, probably short term rentals.

The domain name has its web site hosted by https://hostingprod.com/ - if
you go to that page, you get Geocities, i.e. Yahoo free web page service.

Emails to this address seem to be routed to a Yahoo server, if I have
used
http://email-test.com/cgi-bin/webtes...d&cmd=mxlookup
correctly.

The postcode is the same as the Docklands Hilton Hotel so maybe you

See my other post! Bizarre, all the same.

could ask someone there if they know the shop.

http://www.itrademarket.com/FlamingoElectronics/profile

Totally different contact name on same mobile number.

"With a history of 7 years behind us "

but domain name registered six months or so ago.

The website looks ok (http://flamingo-electronics.net/). HOWEVER - although

Until you look closely, maybe.

they claim to be a Limited Company, there is no company number on the
website (AFAICS) AND a quick search of the Companies House database using
their WebCHeck facility (http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/) does not find a
company registered as Flamingo Electronics Limited, so I'd be suspicious.

Quelle surprise!
Old March 3rd 05, 12:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 22:08:30 +0000, Dave Newt
wrote:

Back to Flamingo:

They have a Verisign "click to verify" logo - it doesn't do anything.

And Opera pops up the following message: "- The server's name
"www.flamingo-electronics.net" does not match the certificate's name
"s.p4.hostingprod.com". Somebody may be trying to eavesdrop on you."

LT Museum Shop Alex Cutts London Transport 14 April 12th 05 10:13 AM
LT Museum Shop simber London Transport 0 April 8th 05 05:30 PM
On line model shop Carlo Bisagni London Transport 15 February 4th 05 01:56 AM
Help please Marratxi London Transport 0 September 1st 04 11:11 PM
Help, please Marratxi London Transport 4 October 25th 03 12:49 PM