Old February 2nd 05, 07:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default On line model shop

Dear all,
coudl you please sugges me a model shop selling product on line. I'm
interested in trams, trains and tube models.

Thanks and best regards
_______________

Carlo Bisagni

Old February 2nd 05, 08:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Carlo Bisagni wrote:
Dear all,
coudl you please sugges me a model shop selling product on line. I'm
interested in trams, trains and tube models.

Carlo

Try: www.mikkelsen.ch. I don't know what types of trains they do, just
that they sell them.

Friheej

Old February 2nd 05, 04:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Carlo Bisagni
writes
Dear all,
coudl you please sugges me a model shop selling product on line. I'm
interested in trams, trains and tube models.

Try this in uk.rec.models.rail which is a group specifically set up for
railway modellers. There are a number of people who run shops who look
on that site regularly.

--
Mike Hughes
at home in Tarring, West Sussex, England
Old February 2nd 05, 05:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 08:44:55 GMT, "Carlo Bisagni"
wrote:

Dear all,
coudl you please sugges me a model shop selling product on line. I'm
interested in trams, trains and tube models.

http://www.ltmuseumshop.co.uk/

You may need to E Mail the museum with your request but they have a good
range of Tube and Tram models and some train stuff. They also sell a
wide range of bus models.
--
Paul C

Old February 2nd 05, 05:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Paul Corfield
writes
wrote:

Dear all,
coudl you please sugges me a model shop selling product on line. I'm
interested in trams, trains and tube models.

http://www.ltmuseumshop.co.uk/

You may need to E Mail the museum with your request but they have a good
range of Tube and Tram models and some train stuff. They also sell a
wide range of bus models.

Am I alone in finding LT Museum Shop staff incredibly offhand and
unfriendly most of the time?

I spend (perhaps too much!) time and money in there and the staff nearly
always seem to look unhappy and behave as though serving me is a real
chore. When one lady was extremely pleasant to me last week, it was an
unusual enough occurrence for me to notice!

Why, you might ask, do I frequent the place? Well, a combination of
the range of things they do that are harder to obtain elsewhere, the 10%
discount I get as a "Friend" of the Museum, the financial aid it gives
to the Museum and the fact that I often find myself with free time in
that part of London.
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk

Old February 2nd 05, 05:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Ian Jelf wrote:

Am I alone in finding LT Museum Shop staff incredibly offhand and
unfriendly most of the time?

They've always been fine with me, but then I don't go to the shop that
often and I usually drop in on a weekday late afternoon when it's quiet.

On another note, does anyone know of a (preferably postal) source of an
unfolded copy of the "historical" tube map? I'd quite like one framed,
but the folded version leaves ugly creases all over it.

jx

--
Joel Rowbottom - joel at fotopic dot net - Head Guy, Fotopic.Net
9M+ photos :: 200+ countries :: Free photo gallery at http://fotopic.net
Old February 2nd 05, 06:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 18:32:23 +0000, Ian Jelf
wrote:

In message , Paul Corfield
writes
wrote:

Dear all,
coudl you please sugges me a model shop selling product on line. I'm
interested in trams, trains and tube models.

http://www.ltmuseumshop.co.uk/

You may need to E Mail the museum with your request but they have a good
range of Tube and Tram models and some train stuff. They also sell a
wide range of bus models.

Am I alone in finding LT Museum Shop staff incredibly offhand and
unfriendly most of the time?

No - despite being a regular myself there is little recognition from the
staff and that despite the fact they know I am staff.

The wages are not very good and I imagine that the job can be hideous
when the place is besieged with school trips or else legions of families
during the holidays. As I'm sure you know dealing with the public can
leave a lot to be desired at times!

I spend (perhaps too much!) time and money in there and the staff nearly
always seem to look unhappy and behave as though serving me is a real
chore. When one lady was extremely pleasant to me last week, it was an
unusual enough occurrence for me to notice!

I think I know which lady you are referring to. Strangely the shop
manager is very helpful if you ask him a question but then he's not
often about the place. The rest of the time a question about the
availability of a model or a launch date or a request to reserve
something is met with a pile of lame excuses as to why it isn't possible
when I know full well that certain people can get all sorts of things
reserved!
--
Paul C

Old February 2nd 05, 06:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Carlo Bisagni

Try http://www.hattons.co.uk/
--
Steve
Old February 2nd 05, 06:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default (LT Museum Shop Staff (Was On line model shop)

In message , Paul Corfield
writes
wrote:
Am I alone in finding LT Museum Shop staff incredibly offhand and
unfriendly most of the time?

No - despite being a regular myself there is little recognition from the
staff and that despite the fact they know I am staff.

Thanks, Paul! I thought it might have just my personality!

The wages are not very good and I imagine that the job can be hideous
when the place is besieged with school trips or else legions of families
during the holidays. As I'm sure you know dealing with the public can
leave a lot to be desired at times!

Indeed I do understand that. I'd like to think I never look as though
I'm fed up with having to do something, though. :-)
ut then he's not
often about the place. The rest of the time a questi

That said, I have encountered such an attitude when it's patently not
been busy.

I spend (perhaps too much!) time and money in there and the staff nearly
always seem to look unhappy and behave as though serving me is a real
chore. When one lady was extremely pleasant to me last week, it was an
unusual enough occurrence for me to notice!

I think I know which lady you are referring to.

She was so "switched on" I actually wondered if she *was* the shop
manager. I saw her later that same afternoon on the Admissions desk,
though, so I suspected not. Now that I know the shop manager is a he,
that sort of confirms it!

Strangely the shop
manager is very helpful if you ask him

a question b
on about the
availability of a model or a launch date or a request to reserve
something is met with a pile of lame excuses as to why it isn't possible
when I know full well that certain people can get all sorts of things
reserved!

I've never reserved models there because, despite being a "Friend", I've
never been quite sure how to do so. (I ought to read my mailing
properly, I suppose!)

Oddly enough, it was while enquiring about one of the new "Sunstar" RM
models that I had one of those occasions when I was obviously far too
much trouble for them. Then again at an Acton Open Day. Then again
when enquiring about a DVD.......

Perhaps I really should have written to the Museum rather than airing
these things here, though.......

Old February 2nd 05, 10:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Joel Rowbottom wrote:
Ian Jelf wrote:

Am I alone in finding LT Museum Shop staff incredibly offhand and
unfriendly most of the time?

They've always been fine with me, but then I don't go to the shop
that often and I usually drop in on a weekday late afternoon when
it's quiet.

On another note, does anyone know of a (preferably postal) source
of an unfolded copy of the "historical" tube map? I'd quite like
one framed, but the folded version leaves ugly creases all over it.

Which particular historical tube map do you mean? Are you referring to
Douglas Rose's "The London Underground: A Diagrammatic History"? I've
never seen an unfolded edition.

--
Richard J.

Model of New York John Rowland London Transport 8 October 15th 07 04:59 PM
Why can't the Transport for London model be more widely applied Bob London Transport 15 January 24th 06 05:10 AM
LT Museum Shop Alex Cutts London Transport 14 April 12th 05 10:13 AM
LT Museum Shop simber London Transport 0 April 8th 05 05:30 PM
Please help me - question about shop in London M&m London Transport 11 March 3rd 05 06:18 PM