Old March 26th 05, 02:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tube so expensive

"Christine." wrote in message

Seen on a bus in Bristol, "If you can read this, thank a teacher."

"If you're reading this in English, thank a soldier."

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old March 26th 05, 01:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Brimstone wrote to uk.transport.london on Fri, 25 Mar 2005:

Mrs Redboots wrote:
Christine. wrote to uk.transport.london on Fri, 25 Mar 2005:

In message , Mrs
Redboots writes
Isn't he proof that New Labour's education policy hasn't worked very
well.... at least, not in his case!
--
It depends on his age.

Didn't he say he was 15? In which case he'd have been educated almost
completely under the present government.

Errrrmmmm, I'm not one to pick holes (most of the time) but weren't you
suggesting that he *hadn't* been educated?

No, I was suggesting that the education policy of the present
Government, if this young man is a typical example of the product,
hasn't worked very well.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old March 26th 05, 01:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Richard J. wrote to uk.transport.london on Fri, 25 Mar 2005:

I think she was implying that he *had* been educated, but only for 2
years under the Tories. Then it all went downhill under Labour
apparently. I wonder how she explains why so many people in their 20s
also can't write decent English.

Can't they? My daughter, in her mid-20s, writes superb English... and I
don't know many others. Most of the posters on here may or may not be
older; the vast majority of them make very few mistakes in either
spelling or grammar.

Old March 26th 05, 01:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mrs Redboots" wrote in message
No, I was suggesting that the education policy of the present
Government, if this young man is a typical example of the product,
hasn't worked very well.

How do you know he doesn't attend a private school?

Old March 26th 05, 02:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

David Splett wrote:
"Mrs Redboots" wrote in message

No, I was suggesting that the education policy of the present
Government, if this young man is a typical example of the product,
hasn't worked very well.

How do you know he doesn't attend a private school?

Because unlike state schools, private schools actually bother to correct
poor spelling and grammar.