Old March 21st 05, 07:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Ken stole my 80p!

....Next time, I would suggest that you choose any one of the
many very good transport links available in that part of
London rather than taking the most convoluted route I can
think of and then moaning here about the consequences of
your own inefficiency.

Must remember that one every time I plan to go some where. Get up in
morning. Log on to computer. Spend half an hour surfing the internet
just in case the trains are f**ked up.

Kevin

Old March 21st 05, 04:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 21 Mar 2005:

Must remember that one every time I plan to go some where. Get up in
morning. Log on to computer. Spend half an hour surfing the internet
just in case the trains are f**ked up.

Actually, if you have a mobile phone you can get the info straight on to
it without bothering with firing up the computer.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old March 21st 05, 04:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mrs Redboots wrote:
wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 21 Mar 2005:

Must remember that one every time I plan to go some where. Get up in
morning. Log on to computer. Spend half an hour surfing the internet
just in case the trains are f**ked up.

Actually, if you have a mobile phone you can get the info straight on to
it without bothering with firing up the computer.

Indeed... just bookmark http://wap.tfl.gov.uk/news/tube on the phone and
it takes about 15 seconds.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old March 21st 05, 06:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Neil Williams wrote:

It is cheaper to operate a bus service than a train service. In a
place like London, these services will operate regardless of which one
a single given passenger chooses. As such, there is no cost directly
attributable to one person's journey, apart from a tiny amount of
extra diesel or electricity and the bit of paper their ticket is
printed on. If they're using Oyster, the latter cost doesn't even
exist.

This was, of course, the same argument recently used against the
person who claimed that it was unreasonable for a journey from zone 6
to zone 6 via zone 1 to cost the same as one from zone 6 to zone 1.
There is no significant directly attributable cost to either of those
journeys. That is the nature of a public transport system.

However, if the fare charged for a Z6 to Z6 journey via Z1 was double
the fare charged for Z6 to Z1 or vice versa, the effect might well be to
reduce demand for the service. In that event, costs could then be saved
by deploying fewer trains and employing fewer staff.

Please note, however, that I am not advocating such a fare regime!

--
John Ray
Old March 21st 05, 07:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

With the central line down from North Acton this morning, snip
Next time, I would suggest that you choose any one of the
many very good transport links available in that part of
London rather than taking the most convoluted route I can
think of and then moaning here about the consequences of
your own inefficiency.

Erm, do read the comment on the central line being closed before
trolling

I wasn't trolling, and had read the OP's message several times
to be sure I had it right. I was refering to the good transport links
available in that area even *without* the Central Line.

Matt Ashby
www.mattashby.com

Old March 21st 05, 11:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 20 Mar 2005 05:49:25 -0800, "Paul Weaver"
wrote:

Wasn't sure how long that would take, last time I did it is was full of
the usual scum that infest busses, a fight broke out, and it took over
half an hour

1 - Buses are NOT usually full of scum.
2 - Learn to spell buses.