London Banter

-   -   Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2876-pictures-stations-small-fee-im.html)

EorJames March 22nd 05 09:30 PM

Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

Hello Guys,
Im starting Up a service called LU Photo Shop and search.
Basicly For a fee of Ten Pounds you can Request up to 30 stations On
the London Underground to be Photograghed on the Outside and the
Platforms Minimum of 5 Photos per station. Photos cost 10p each to
cover developing And Free Postage Up to a certain amount photos. All
photos will be protected and sent to your home direct.
All Lines covered In Lu quick and relible service.
Regards
James
PS I am free for the next week so get the Photo orders in now.

Brimstone March 22nd 05 10:13 PM

Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

"EorJames" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello Guys,
Im starting Up a service called LU Photo Shop and search.
Basicly For a fee of Ten Pounds you can Request up to 30 stations On
the London Underground to be Photograghed on the Outside and the
Platforms Minimum of 5 Photos per station. Photos cost 10p each to
cover developing And Free Postage Up to a certain amount photos. All
photos will be protected and sent to your home direct.
All Lines covered In Lu quick and relible service.
Regards
James
PS I am free for the next week so get the Photo orders in now.

Where can we see some evidence of your ability as a photographer?

loobyloo March 22nd 05 10:52 PM

On 22 Mar 2005 14:30:09 -0800, EorJames wrote:

Hello Guys,
Im starting Up a service called LU Photo Shop and search.
Basicly For a fee of Ten Pounds you can Request up to 30 stations On
the London Underground to be Photograghed on the Outside and the
Platforms Minimum of 5 Photos per station. Photos cost 10p each to
cover developing And Free Postage Up to a certain amount photos. All
photos will be protected and sent to your home direct.
All Lines covered In Lu quick and relible service.
Regards
James
PS I am free for the next week so get the Photo orders in now.

Why are people who offer services on usenet always so crap at English?

--
Cliff Laine, The Old Lard Factory, Lancaster http://www.loobynet.com
* remove any trace of rudeness before you reply *

Using words well is a social virtue. Use 'fortuitous' once more to
mean 'fortunate' and you move an English word another step towards
the dustbin. If your mistake took hold, no one who valued clarity
would be able to use the word again.

John Whale

Nick Cooper March 22nd 05 11:29 PM

wrote:

Hello Guys,
Im starting Up a service called LU Photo Shop and search.
Basicly For a fee of Ten Pounds you can Request up to 30 stations On
the London Underground to be Photograghed on the Outside and the
Platforms Minimum of 5 Photos per station. Photos cost 10p each to
cover developing And Free Postage Up to a certain amount photos. All
photos will be protected and sent to your home direct.
All Lines covered In Lu quick and relible service.
Regards
James
PS I am free for the next week so get the Photo orders in now.

Call yourself "LU Photo Shop," and you expect LUL to dump legal ****
on you from a very great height. Good luck in court, sucker!
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk

redtube March 23rd 05 12:05 AM

Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

fore a small feee I will alsow goe 'round and fotograph dogg turds 4 any1
who may be a colllectore

Christine. March 23rd 05 12:20 AM

Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

In message , Brimstone
writes
All Lines covered In Lu quick and relible service.
Regards
James
PS I am free for the next week so get the Photo orders in now.

I think you'll make the next "Amstrad".
--
Clive.

John Rowland March 23rd 05 12:21 AM

"loobyloo" wrote in message
On 22 Mar 2005 14:30:09 -0800, EorJames wrote:

Hello Guys,
Im starting Up a service called LU Photo Shop
and search. Basicly For a fee of Ten Pounds
you can Request up to 30 stations On the London
Underground to be Photograghed on the Outside
and the Platforms Minimum of 5 Photos per station.
Photos cost 10p each to cover developing And Free
Postage Up to a certain amount photos. All photos
will be protected and sent to your home direct.
All Lines covered In Lu quick and relible service.
Regards
James
PS I am free for the next week so get the Photo orders in now.

Why are people who offer services on usenet always so crap at English?

I thought he was being crap at German.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Mortimer March 23rd 05 07:47 AM

"redtube" wrote in message
fore a small feee I will alsow goe 'round and fotograph dogg turds 4 any1
who may be a colllectore

LOL

That sounds like a crap idea ;-)

Ian Jelf March 23rd 05 10:17 AM

Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

In message ,
Mortimer writes
"redtube" wrote in message
fore a small feee I will alsow goe 'round and fotograph dogg turds 4 any1
who may be a colllectore

LOL

That sounds like a crap idea ;-)

But you could at least go through the motions.
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk

Axlegrease March 23rd 05 04:43 PM

Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

fore a small feee I will alsow goe 'round and fotograph dogg turds 4
any1
who may be a colllectore

LOL

That sounds like a crap idea ;-)

But you could at least go through the motions.
--

Well, it looked good on paper!

[email protected] March 23rd 05 11:50 PM

EorJames wrote:
Hello Guys,
Im starting Up a service called LU Photo Shop and search.
Basicly For a fee of Ten Pounds you can Request up to 30 stations On
the London Underground to be Photograghed on the Outside and the
Platforms Minimum of 5 Photos per station. Photos cost 10p each to
cover developing And Free Postage Up to a certain amount photos. All
photos will be protected and sent to your home direct.
All Lines covered In Lu quick and relible service.
Regards
James
PS I am free for the next week so get the Photo orders in now.

Have you got the appropriate licence from LU to take photos on their
stations (see http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/faq/filmingfaq.asp "Do you
need to obtain permission to film or photograph on London
Underground?")

K March 24th 05 07:31 AM

Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 00:29:21 GMT,
(Nick Cooper) wrote:

Call yourself "LU Photo Shop," and you expect LUL to dump legal ****
on you from a very great height. Good luck in court, sucker!

Have LUL copywrited the letters LU then?

James Farrar March 24th 05 08:21 AM

Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywherefor you for pictures on the LU

k wrote:
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 00:29:21 GMT,
(Nick Cooper) wrote:

Call yourself "LU Photo Shop," and you expect LUL to dump legal ****
on you from a very great height. Good luck in court, sucker!

Have LUL copywrited the letters LU then?

No, but it might well fall foul of "passing off".

James Farrar March 24th 05 08:24 AM

wrote:

http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/faq/filmingfaq.asp

"in accordance with our Bylaws we do not permit the filming of [...]
Misuse of escalators"

Misuse of escalators?

Boltar March 24th 05 09:00 AM

wrote:
Have you got the appropriate licence from LU to take photos on their
stations (see http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/faq/filmingfaq.asp "Do

you
need to obtain permission to film or photograph on London
Underground?")

You seriously think all the tourists on the tube taking pictures of
their friends and themselves get a permit beforehand? As long as he
doesn't look like he's doing any professional work (eg camera on stand,
taking 5 mins to set up a shot etc) its very unlikely any LU staff
would
bother him.

B2003

Richard J. March 24th 05 09:20 AM

Boltar wrote:
wrote:
Have you got the appropriate licence from LU to take photos on
their stations (see
http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/faq/filmingfaq.asp "Do you need to
obtain permission to film or photograph on London Underground?")

You seriously think all the tourists on the tube taking pictures of
their friends and themselves get a permit beforehand? As long as he
doesn't look like he's doing any professional work (eg camera on
stand, taking 5 mins to set up a shot etc) its very unlikely any LU
staff would bother him.

Maybe, but he (if you mean EorJames) would be engaged in commercial
photography (i.e. being paid for it), and should be made aware of LU's
position on this.
--
Richard J.

EorJames March 24th 05 02:06 PM

Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

I dont really want to email them.
But why cant i do it.
What is the LUs position on this?
Can anyone tell me.
But now ive read about the permits and stuff.
I never get stopped when im on my own anyway.
Im doing it and if i get a letter or email from them i know where it
came from.
But really i think of my self as doing people a favour.
Like who dont want to travel to far out on the tube,live up north or
dont live in the country, Whats cheaper for an american a 300 quid
plane ticket or my fee of 18 pounds on top of photo fees which arent
alot.
So please if you live up north or cant get near london please use my
service my website which is now up and running.
www.londonundergroundphotostop.bravehost.com
Dont worry i am a pritty good photographer.
So please use my service.
Regards James

Mark Brader March 24th 05 02:19 PM

http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/faq/filmingfaq.asp writes:
"in accordance with our Bylaws we do not permit the filming of [...]
Misuse of escalators"

James Farrar asks:
Misuse of escalators?

Presumably referring to dangerous stunts like sliding down between two
escalators, or trying to ride on the handrails.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto "Information! ... We want information!"
-- The Prisoner

Mrs Redboots March 24th 05 02:28 PM

EorJames wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 24 Mar 2005:

[...]

But a very great many people have made their photographs available for
free, some extremely good ones - what makes you think anybody will want
to pay you?
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Richard Rundle March 24th 05 02:37 PM

Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

"EorJames" wrote in message
oups.com...
I dont really want to email them.
But why cant i do it.
What is the LUs position on this?
Can anyone tell me.
But now ive read about the permits and stuff.
I never get stopped when im on my own anyway.
Im doing it and if i get a letter or email from them i know where it
came from.
But really i think of my self as doing people a favour.
Like who dont want to travel to far out on the tube,live up north or
dont live in the country, Whats cheaper for an american a 300 quid
plane ticket or my fee of 18 pounds on top of photo fees which arent
alot.
So please if you live up north or cant get near london please use my
service my website which is now up and running.
www.londonundergroundphotostop.bravehost.com
Dont worry i am a pritty good photographer.

But a pretty lousy speller...

--
Richard

EorJames March 24th 05 02:39 PM

Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

I find my service in more for the american market.
I already have 4 american customers.
But remember you will have a choice of any station and any part of that
station.
And why do i think people will pay me.
Because i know that i will bring them the best high quality photos and
good customer service.
Regards
James

Jim Brittin March 24th 05 03:01 PM

Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

In article .com,
says...

Guess you mean http://www.londonundergroundphotoshop.bravehost.com/

Martin Underwood March 24th 05 03:13 PM

Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

"Jim Brittin" [wake up to reply] wrote in
message m...
In article .com,
says...
[...]

He can't even spell his site's URL correctly ;-)

EorJames March 24th 05 03:24 PM

Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

Look is it me all you care about is my Grammer.
i rush typing to get it done quickly.
Look if you think my idea is crap, then save your time by not posting
ok.
Please do post if you want to add somthing good, like a suggestion or
if you want to use my services.
Ok
Thank you
James

EorJames March 24th 05 03:27 PM

Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

Um no sorry but the service is now call lu Photo STOP.
Ok use this link not the other one.

EorJames March 24th 05 03:30 PM

Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

Sorry the URL is wrong.
I wanted to call it photoshop but now the URL is wrong use this one
only.
www.londonundergroundphotoshop.bravehost.com
Cheers
James

Richard J. March 24th 05 03:36 PM

EorJames wrote:
I dont really want to email them.
But why cant i do it.
What is the LUs position on this?
Can anyone tell me.
But now ive read about the permits and stuff.

Well then, you now know what LU's position is.

I never get stopped when im on my own anyway.
Im doing it and if i get a letter or email from them i know where it
came from.
But really i think of my self as doing people a favour.

Yes, but you're doing it for money, so it is, strictly speaking, a
commercial activity, even if it's on a small scale. It's up to you
whether you want to chance it and not seek permission, but IMO you are
asking for trouble by branding the operation as The London Underground
Photo Stop. By the way, why is it "shop" in the URL and "stop"
everywhere else on the site?
--
Richard J.

Richard Rundle March 24th 05 03:41 PM

Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

"EorJames" wrote in message
ups.com...
Look is it me all you care about is my Grammer.
i rush typing to get it done quickly.
Look if you think my idea is crap, then save your time by not posting
ok.
Please do post if you want to add somthing good, like a suggestion or
if you want to use my services.
Ok
Thank you
James

No you misunderstand. If I was purchasing services off someone, whether a
company or an individual, I'd certainly expect them to get their advertising
right - after all that's how you attract business. If you "rush typing to
get it done quickly", I'd think it more likely you would do the same in the
job. After all, how much more time does it take to use reasonably correct
English, including capital letters in the right place, than to type the way
you have in the last couple of posts ? 10 seconds extra ? If you're trying
to get clients, or even just to get someone to read what you have to say, I
reckon those 10 seconds are worthwhile.

--
Richard

Richard Rundle March 24th 05 03:41 PM

Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

"EorJames" wrote in message
oups.com...
Um no sorry but the service is now call lu Photo STOP.
Ok use this link not the other one.
www.londonundergroundphotostop.bravehost.com
Thank you
James

The service may be called ..photostop.. but the url that works is
...photoshop..

Also, you need a couple of examples of your work there, suitably watermarked
if you wish. All we have to go on at the moment is that you think you're
pretty good. If you're selling you need to show that you are before people
shell out some cash.

--
Richard

EorJames March 24th 05 03:55 PM

Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

Well yes,
But the camera i uses special batterys and the film costs alot.
really at the end of the day i make a couple of quid but for me its
really to do the exploring of the tube.
So in away i make next to nothing but want to provide a service to
people who have never seen a certain station or who have never seen the
underground and can share in my hobbie.
And yes i will be putting some examples of my work on the site shortly.
And if you look down on the first page it states that, i have no
connectiong with the LU or any connecting company.
Well i will change the name do you have any suggestions?
Cheers
James

Adrian March 24th 05 04:16 PM

Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

EorJames ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

www.londonundergroundphotoshop.bravehost.com

Impressive. Two trademarks infringed in one fell swoop.

Brimstone March 24th 05 04:16 PM

EorJames wrote:
Well yes,
But the camera i uses special batterys and the film costs alot.
really at the end of the day i make a couple of quid but for me its
really to do the exploring of the tube.
So in away i make next to nothing but want to provide a service to
people who have never seen a certain station or who have never seen
the underground and can share in my hobbie.
And yes i will be putting some examples of my work on the site
shortly. And if you look down on the first page it states that, i
have no connectiong with the LU or any connecting company.
Well i will change the name do you have any suggestions?

The best suggestion I can offer is that you make an effort to English in
such a way as your intended clients will understand. After all there's no
point in writing something if people can't understand it.

EorJames March 24th 05 04:25 PM

Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

Yes im sorry.
The Website is now on a new domain name, and has an example of my work.
The new link: www.luphotostop.co.nr
I hope some of you will enjoy using my services.
Really i make about 5 pounds a time out of this, as it costs a lot to
make trips.
But really to me, it is about giving other people a chance to enjoy
brillant pictures of the tube.
I do this for people to share my love for the London Underground.
Of coarse i do earn somthing out of it otherwise i would be barmy.
I hope my example helps you to decide to use my service.
Thank you
James.

Brimstone March 24th 05 04:27 PM

Brimstone wrote:
EorJames wrote:
Well yes,
But the camera i uses special batterys and the film costs alot.
really at the end of the day i make a couple of quid but for me its
really to do the exploring of the tube.
So in away i make next to nothing but want to provide a service to
people who have never seen a certain station or who have never seen
the underground and can share in my hobbie.
And yes i will be putting some examples of my work on the site
shortly. And if you look down on the first page it states that, i
have no connectiong with the LU or any connecting company.
Well i will change the name do you have any suggestions?

The best suggestion I can offer is that you make an effort to English
in such a way as your intended clients will understand. After all
there's no point in writing something if people can't understand it.

PS No prizes for spotting the deliberate error. ;-)

EorJames March 24th 05 04:40 PM

Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

What error?

Mrs Redboots March 24th 05 04:43 PM

Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

EorJames wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 24 Mar 2005:

Well yes,
But the camera i uses special batterys and the film costs alot.
really at the end of the day i make a couple of quid but for me its
really to do the exploring of the tube.
So in away i make next to nothing but want to provide a service to
people who have never seen a certain station or who have never seen the
underground and can share in my hobbie.
And yes i will be putting some examples of my work on the site shortly.
And if you look down on the first page it states that, i have no
connectiong with the LU or any connecting company.
Well i will change the name do you have any suggestions?
Cheers
James

Film? Goodness, how quaint! Anybody else still use it????

Adrian March 24th 05 04:57 PM

Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

Mrs Redboots ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

But the camera i uses special batterys and the film costs alot.

Film? Goodness, how quaint! Anybody else still use it????

Yes, thanks. I like 35mm.

Paul Terry March 24th 05 05:40 PM

Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

In message . com,
EorJames writes

Look is it me all you care about is my Grammer.

Grammar.

When you choose to use the written word as your medium, people may
comment on how you express yourself. We don't know what you look like,
how you dress, what you sound like ... all we know about you are the
words you write.

i rush typing to get it done quickly.

Perhaps people fear you may rush photography as well.

Look if you think my idea is crap, then save your time by not posting
ok.

Why not? If people think your idea is crap, they are perfectly entitled
to say so.

--
Paul Terry

Axlegrease March 24th 05 06:01 PM

"Mrs Redboots" wrote in message
Film? Goodness, how quaint! Anybody else still use it????
--

I do. I use a digi-camera occasionally but you can't beat the feel of a
good old-fashioned SLR in your hands. There's something quite exciting

Paul Terry March 24th 05 06:02 PM

Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

In message .com,
EorJames writes

I dont really want to email them.
But why cant i do it.
What is the LUs position on this?
Can anyone tell me.

Basically, stations are private property. The public gets to use them
according to conditions and byelaws.

Those conditions include no smoking, no skateboarding, no flash
photography, no tripods, etc.

But now ive read about the permits and stuff.

Good.

I never get stopped when im on my own anyway.
Im doing it and if i get a letter or email from them i know where it
came from.
But really i think of my self as doing people a favour.

But you are failing to consider that London Underground have rights -
one of which is to benefit us all (and not just EorJames) by the sale of
photographs of stations.

Now, it could be that they are not greatly bothered because there are so
many free photos already available in books and on the WWW that they
don't see much money to be made from taking and selling their own
bespoke photos. But it is they are the ones that should decide this, and
that is why you should ask permission for what you propose to do.

--
Paul Terry