Old April 15th 05, 02:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster capping.

I don't live anywhere near London, but keep an Oyster with pre-pay on it
just in case I am in London and get stranded without money. The other
day I noticed on this group that capping on Oyster was referred to, so
in future when I come down there will it be cheaper for me to purchase a
zones 1 & 2 off peak travelcard to use bus Wandsworth to Clapham, NR to
Vic or Wat'oo, then tube to central or will the Oyster I've got be
charged with no more than a travel card? I don't travel in the peaks.
Thanks for any advice.
--
Clive.

Old April 15th 05, 03:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Clive Coleman wrote:
I don't live anywhere near London, but keep an Oyster with pre-pay on it
just in case I am in London and get stranded without money. The other
day I noticed on this group that capping on Oyster was referred to, so
in future when I come down there will it be cheaper for me to purchase a
zones 1 & 2 off peak travelcard to use bus Wandsworth to Clapham, NR to
Vic or Wat'oo, then tube to central or will the Oyster I've got be
charged with no more than a travel card? I don't travel in the peaks.
Thanks for any advice.

Oyster would be OK except that it isn't (yet) valid on National Rail, so
you can't use it between Clapham Junction and Victoria/Waterloo.
Unfortunately you'll need to buy a paper travelcard instead.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7