Old April 17th 05, 10:22 PM posted to uk.rec.subterranea,uk.transport.london

Default Euston mainline station basements

My third attempt to get this posted via Wanadoo/freeserve.
In the paved area at the front of Euston Mainline Station there are numerous
small
brass plaques set into the paving and even into the roadway where the buses
pick up passengers. The plaques carry messages about being smoke outlets
from the basement and one I was looking at said basement level 6.
There don't appear to be any actual smoke outlets so what exactly are these
plaques for and does Euston actually have 6 levels of basements ?
Cheerz,
Baz

Old April 17th 05, 10:35 PM posted to uk.rec.subterranea,uk.transport.london

We keep getting your posts. I have tried to E mail you off list to no avail.
(Modified)
--
Dave Croft
Warrington

Old April 24th 05, 11:23 AM posted to uk.rec.subterranea,uk.transport.london
Jim Jim is offline

Dave Croft wrote:
We keep getting your posts. I have tried to E mail you off list to no

avail.
(Modified)
--
Dave Croft
Warrington
England

Hey Dave- I'm interested in this too... why not post your reply in
group here instead, for the benefit of other curious ppl?

Old April 24th 05, 01:58 PM posted to uk.rec.subterranea,uk.transport.london

In article .com,
Jim wrote:

Hey Dave- I'm interested in this too... why not post your reply in
group here instead, for the benefit of other curious ppl?

It's been posted here too, but the OP doesn't seem to be able to see
his replies ! This query should get them all for you:
http://groups-beta.google.com/groups...ct%3Abasements

Nick
--
http://www.leverton.org/ ... So express yourself
Old April 25th 05, 11:48 AM posted to uk.rec.subterranea,uk.transport.london
Jim Jim is offline

thanks Nick

Old April 29th 05, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.subterranea,uk.transport.london

Is it the tube station maybe? that has quite a few levels - the ticket
office, lower concourse, charing cross branch, disused concourse, and
then city branch.

So it might be a vent for air from the tube somewhere?