Old April 21st 05, 08:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default ETA

I see the Jubilee is now with the Bakerloo . I can't wait til the
Northern gers online

Old April 21st 05, 10:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
oups.com...
I see the Jubilee is now with the Bakerloo . I can't wait til the
Northern gers online

Bit of a shame if you wanted Wembley Park tho.

Old April 21st 05, 11:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

purple pete wrote:
Bit of a shame if you wanted Wembley Park tho.

At a wild guess, I'd say that's on
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/travelinfo/eta/jubilee-station-view.asp?StationCode=WEP.
The station name appears as a separate bit on the end of the URL
(sorry, don't know the technical term), so you can confuse people if
you want to, like this:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/travelinfo/eta/jubilee-station-view.asp?StationCode=STA&StationName=Wagga%20Wagga

:-)

PhilD

Old April 21st 05, 03:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 21 Apr 2005, PhilD wrote:

purple pete wrote:

Bit of a shame if you wanted Wembley Park tho.

At a wild guess, I'd say that's on
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/travelinfo/eta/jubilee-station-view.asp?StationCode=WEP.
The station name appears as a separate bit on the end of the URL
(sorry, don't know the technical term),

I'd call that a query parameter, although i can't find a citation for that
in the standards anywhere just now.

so you can confuse people if you want to, like this:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/travelinfo/eta/jubilee-station-view.asp?StationCode=STA&StationName=Wagga%20Wagga

This is what we call a Widdecombe, after:

http://www.political.co.uk/annwiddec...on=Wagga+Wagga

See:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sit...he%2 0week%22

For many, many more.

I notice that the station codes are gratuitously incompatible with the
ones NR use for their live departure boards - STR is Stratford or
Stranraer, depending on who you ask. They're also different to LU's own
signal box codes; AIUI, those don't cover every station, though, so
perhaps not surprising.

tom

--
20 Minutes into the Future

Old April 21st 05, 08:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 21 Apr 2005 01:07:02 -0700, wrote:

I see the Jubilee is now with the Bakerloo . I can't wait til the
Northern gers online

Should be there within about 6-8 weeks (and the Victoria)

Paul

Old April 22nd 05, 10:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:31:32 +0100, Tom Anderson wrote:

I notice that the station codes are gratuitously incompatible with the
ones NR use

and?
--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p13277513.html
(Unexpected power: 86 032 & 87 034 on steel empties at Warrington, 1985)
Old April 22nd 05, 01:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Chris Tolley wrote:

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:31:32 +0100, Tom Anderson wrote:

I notice that the station codes are gratuitously incompatible with the
ones NR use

and?

Why?

tom

--
I'm angry, but not Milk and Cheese angry. -- Mike Froggatt

Old April 22nd 05, 04:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
RW RW is offline

"Paul" wrote in message
On 21 Apr 2005 01:07:02 -0700, wrote:

I see the Jubilee is now with the Bakerloo . I can't wait til the
Northern gers online

Should be there within about 6-8 weeks (and the Victoria)

Paul

Any idea when the Central goes online?

Old April 22nd 05, 09:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Any idea when the Central goes online?

Yeah, when it moves ;-)

Old April 23rd 05, 09:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

I notice that the station codes are gratuitously incompatible with the
ones NR use for their live departure boards - STR is Stratford or
Stranraer, depending on who you ask. They're also different to LU's own
signal box codes; AIUI, those don't cover every station, though, so
perhaps not surprising.

They're also incompatible with the station codes that NR use for LU
stations (which all have a Z prefix, such as ZFD for Farringdon, ZMG for
Moorgate, ZBB for Barbican).

Are those part of the same set of codes they use for their own stations?
So NR stations get STR, CHX, etc, whilst LU ones get Zxx? If so, i didn't
realise that system covered LU, and there's really no reason for the LU
system to have come up with its own codes.

tom

--
Gin for the mind, kebabs for the body, sushi for the soul

More Tube lines now have live ETA boards Mizter T London Transport 17 September 11th 05 01:00 PM
Anyone have an ETA on the picc re-opening south of arnos grove? Boltar London Transport 31 August 4th 05 05:31 PM
LU ETA Jordy London Transport 2 April 15th 05 09:13 PM
Live ETA on Bakerloo Line Jaime London Transport 20 February 21st 04 04:31 PM