Old April 26th 05, 12:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Standard Vans

It's not strictly speaking transport in London, but does anyone have
contact details for the concern that operates the vans that distribute
the Evening Standard, i.e. if one wanted to complain, or at least pass
on an observation, about one of them, where should such a thing be pointed?

cheers.

Old April 26th 05, 01:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

chris harrison ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

It's not strictly speaking transport in London, but does anyone have
contact details for the concern that operates the vans that distribute
the Evening Standard, i.e. if one wanted to complain, or at least pass
on an observation, about one of them, where should such a thing be
pointed?

The Evening Standard themselves would probably be a good first attempt...
Old April 26th 05, 01:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Adrian wrote:
chris harrison ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

It's not strictly speaking transport in London, but does anyone have
contact details for the concern that operates the vans that distribute
the Evening Standard, i.e. if one wanted to complain, or at least pass
on an observation, about one of them, where should such a thing be
pointed?

The Evening Standard themselves would probably be a good first attempt...

Gee, thanks - and you wonder why I posted to uk.transport.london, it's
almost as if it might have been the first place I looked.

Old April 26th 05, 02:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

chris harrison ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

It's not strictly speaking transport in London, but does anyone have
contact details for the concern that operates the vans that
distribute the Evening Standard, i.e. if one wanted to complain, or
at least pass on an observation, about one of them, where should such
a thing be pointed?

The Evening Standard themselves would probably be a good first
attempt...

Gee, thanks - and you wonder why I posted to uk.transport.london, it's
almost as if it might have been the first place I looked.

So what did they say when you rang 'em? "Sorry, we don't know who delivers
our papers"?
Old April 26th 05, 02:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

chris harrison wrote:
It's not strictly speaking transport in London, but does anyone have
contact details for the concern that operates the vans that

distribute
the Evening Standard, i.e. if one wanted to complain, or at least

pass
on an observation, about one of them, where should such a thing be

pointed?

cheers.

If they are breaking the law in any way then the police.

For anything else, look in the first page of the paper.. find the
standards phone number and ask them what company is repsonsible for
distribution

Old April 26th 05, 02:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Adrian wrote:
chris harrison ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

It's not strictly speaking transport in London, but does anyone have
contact details for the concern that operates the vans that
distribute the Evening Standard, i.e. if one wanted to complain, or
at least pass on an observation, about one of them, where should such
a thing be pointed?

The Evening Standard themselves would probably be a good first
attempt...

Gee, thanks - and you wonder why I posted to uk.transport.london, it's
almost as if it might have been the first place I looked.

So what did they say when you rang 'em? "Sorry, we don't know who delivers
our papers"?

Pretty much. Certainly didn't want to tell me how to contact them
directly; happy to pass on a message, not happy to let me know where the
message was going to end up.
Old April 26th 05, 02:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Chris! wrote:
chris harrison wrote:

It's not strictly speaking transport in London, but does anyone have
contact details for the concern that operates the vans that

distribute

the Evening Standard, i.e. if one wanted to complain, or at least

pass

on an observation, about one of them, where should such a thing be

pointed?

cheers.

If they are breaking the law in any way then the police.

For anything else, look in the first page of the paper.. find the
standards phone number and ask them what company is repsonsible for
distribution

That would probably mean having to buy it. Which is something I do
generally try to avoid doing ...
Old April 26th 05, 02:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

chris harrison wrote:
Chris! wrote:
That would probably mean having to buy it. Which is something I do
generally try to avoid doing ...

The newspaper is at:
Associated Newapapers Ltd 020 7938 6000

The distribution centre has contact details at:
http://www.associatednewspapers.com/...e=Divisions_HQ

No kidding - it's called HarmsWorth

Old April 26th 05, 03:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

chris harrison wrote to uk.transport.london on Tue, 26 Apr 2005:

If they are breaking the law in any way then the police.
For anything else, look in the first page of the paper.. find the
standards phone number and ask them what company is repsonsible for
distribution

That would probably mean having to buy it. Which is something I do
generally try to avoid doing ...

Telephone directory? 192.com? Metro? The "Lite" version of the
Standard given away free? Someone's abandoned copy on the Tube or a
commuter train???
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/