Old April 27th 05, 02:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Uderground Song

Jason wrote:
On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:27:36 GMT, "Brimstone"
wrote:

It was as funny as blaming doctors and nurse for the state of the
NHS or shop assistants for the state of the retailer they happen to
work for or any other frontline employee for the state of the
company or organisation they are employed by.

Really? When did nurses or the RCN last propose to strike on the day
of a major football match or an election?

I didn't say anything about striking, I referred to the state of the various
organisations.

Old April 27th 05, 02:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

It was as funny as blaming doctors and nurse for the state of the
NHS or shop assistants for the state of the retailer they happen to
work for or any other frontline employee for the state of the
company or organisation they are employed by.

Really? When did nurses or the RCN last propose to strike on the day
of a major football match or an election?

Don't bother arguing with him... When he has run out of things to say
he resorts to personal attacks

Only on those people who's original posts are based on prejudice and
bigotry. Usually when people make the effort to look at both sides of an
argument they can generate a sensible discussion.

Old April 27th 05, 02:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Steve Fitzgerald wrote:
In message .com,
writes
And how much does a driver get paid a year, why don't you enlighten

us.

Kevin

I don't know who you are responding to or asking as you haven't

quoted
anything, but the answer to your question is c£35 a year now with

the
latest pay rise - not exactly a state secret though.

Oh, talking about strikes (which the song in question alludes to).

In 3
years on the Underground I can honestly say I've not been out on

strike
once, and there have only been 2 one day affairs in all that time
anyway. Hardly 'always out on strike' really?

Theres been a number of threats of strike action to get LU to
capitulate
to some made up complaint. And lets not forget the classic drivers
strike
on the hammersmith and city line about that waste of space caught
playing
squash while he was supposedly off sick with an ankle injury and
getting
sacked. Boo hoo.

Still , this sort of unreasonable unionised action is fairly typical of
british blue collar industry in britain over the last 30 years. Which
is
probably why most of it ended up uncompetetive and closed down and our
coal & steel now comes from eastern europe and asia. Well done the
unions.
LU drivers are just lucky that they work for an infrastructure and not
an
industry or their overpaid backsides would be on the dole or in a call
centre by now too.

B2003

Old April 27th 05, 06:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Brimstone wrote:

There is a difference between striking and threatening to strike.

Erm yes. What is your point? Refer to my original post. According to
the RMT, evening standard and the BBC they ARE STRIKING next Thursday

Old April 27th 05, 06:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

It was as funny as blaming doctors and nurse for the state of the
NHS or shop assistants for the state of the retailer they happen

work for or any other frontline employee for the state of the
company or organisation they are employed by.

Really? When did nurses or the RCN last propose to strike on the

day
of a major football match or an election?

I didn't say anything about striking, I referred to the state of the

various
organisations.

You were following up a comment on a song. The song starts off having
a go at people for striking on the tube. You make the comment that the
criticsms in the song (people striking on the tube and causing much
inconvinience to people) are no more valid than critcising Doctors for
health policy.

Refer to your previous posts