Old April 29th 05, 10:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Cycling parade in Whitehall tonight?

What was the occasion? I was cycling along Whitehall towards Trafalgar
Square shortly after 19:15 when the entire carriageway in the other
direction was taken up with cyclists coming from the Strand.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old April 30th 05, 03:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message

What was the occasion? I was cycling along Whitehall
towards Trafalgar Square shortly after 19:15 when the
entire carriageway in the other direction was taken up
with cyclists coming from the Strand.

I started a lengthy thread about this 2 years ago, to which you
contributed...

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?hl...6btnG%3DSearch

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old April 30th 05, 10:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(John Rowland) wrote:

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message

What was the occasion? I was cycling along Whitehall
towards Trafalgar Square shortly after 19:15 when the
entire carriageway in the other direction was taken up
with cyclists coming from the Strand.

I started a lengthy thread about this 2 years ago, to which you
contributed...

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?hl...%24jr9%241%248
302bc10%40news.demon.co.uk&rnum=3&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26q%3D%
2522critical%2Bmass%2522%2Browland%26btnG%3DSearch

Not exactly the same then because this lot was moving at a perfectly
reasonable pace for cyclists. Some were wandering so far over to my side
that they threatened to impede me but didn't actually do so. Given the
great width of Whitehall I was a bit baffled.

--
Colin Rosenstiel