Old May 10th 05, 06:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default IC (Was: Heathrow)

gw2486 wrote:
Is it that place underneath the Sherfield building? I'm nearing the end
of my fourth year and just spotted the bar down there the other night.
Or is that something else?

Yes, that's it. Bar, officially, for non-teaching staff, but I don't get
the impression anyone cares who goes in.

Old May 10th 05, 08:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

gw2486 wrote:
Is it that place underneath the Sherfield building? I'm nearing the

end
of my fourth year and just spotted the bar down there the other

night.
Or is that something else?

Yes, that's it. Bar, officially, for non-teaching staff, but I don't

get
the impression anyone cares who goes in.

I can't believe I missed it for so long!

Old May 10th 05, 08:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

gw2486 wrote:
gw2486 wrote:

Is it that place underneath the Sherfield building? I'm nearing the

end

of my fourth year and just spotted the bar down there the other

night.

Or is that something else?

Yes, that's it. Bar, officially, for non-teaching staff, but I don't

get

the impression anyone cares who goes in.

I can't believe I missed it for so long!

Me too - I'd worked there for four years when someone who had worked
there two weeks told me about it. Apparently, their staff induction tour
was taken by someone who knew it, and I don't remember ever getting a
tour when I started.

Having said that, I'd rather drink around students in Southside than
with a bunch of other administrators (well most!), so I don't think I
went in there more than twice ever.
Old May 10th 05, 10:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default [OT] IC (Was: Heathrow)

Dave Newt wrote:
gw2486 wrote:

gw2486 wrote:

Is it that place underneath the Sherfield building? I'm nearing the end
of my fourth year and just spotted the bar down there the other night.
Or is that something else?

Yes, that's it. Bar, officially, for non-teaching staff, but I don't get
the impression anyone cares who goes in.

I can't believe I missed it for so long!

Me too - I'd worked there for four years when someone who had worked
there two weeks told me about it. Apparently, their staff induction tour
was taken by someone who knew it, and I don't remember ever getting a
tour when I started.

Aha... I was introduced to it after about two weeks too - just by a
society meeting. I haven't been back to it since, though.

Having said that, I'd rather drink around students in Southside than
with a bunch of other administrators (well most!), so I don't think I
went in there more than twice ever.

You won't have the option much longer... it'll be the Union bars or nothing.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old May 10th 05, 10:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave Arquati wrote:
Dave Newt wrote:

gw2486 wrote:

gw2486 wrote:

[...]

Really? What's happening to it?

Not that I work there now, so no reason to go anywhere near the place
most of the time! (Saves me paying Sykes four quid for a sandwich anyway.)

Old May 11th 05, 12:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave Newt wrote:
Dave Arquati wrote:

Dave Newt wrote:

Having said that, I'd rather drink around students in Southside than
with a bunch of other administrators (well most!), so I don't think I
went in there more than twice ever.

You won't have the option much longer... it'll be the Union bars or
nothing.

Really? What's happening to it?

The whole of the Southside building's being redeveloped. I believe the
bar is closing late next month/
Old May 13th 05, 02:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I used to go in from time to time as a Post-Doc although never without
my boss.

Sunil
(now at Cambridge)

Old May 15th 05, 12:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Dr. Sunil wrote:
I used to go in from time to time as a Post-Doc although never

without
my boss.

Sunil
(now at Cambridge)