London Banter

-   -   Dot Matrix replaces big boards at L/Pool St (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/301-dot-matrix-replaces-big-boards.html)

David Jackman July 13th 03 10:46 AM

Dot Matrix replaces big boards at L/Pool St

"Roger the cabin boy" wrote in
:

After some debatre on hgere I noted tonight that NEW dot matrix describer
has appeared on the WB platform at Liverpool St (Met Circle)

Rumour is they will be doing Barbican too.

Barbican has now been done, both Eastbound and Westbound.

nmtop40 July 14th 03 09:18 PM

Dot Matrix replaces big boards at L/Pool St

David Jackman wrote in message 52.50...
"Roger the cabin boy" wrote in
:

After some debatre on hgere I noted tonight that NEW dot matrix describer
has appeared on the WB platform at Liverpool St (Met Circle)

Rumour is they will be doing Barbican too.

Barbican has now been done, both Eastbound and Westbound.

and will it actually give the time of the next train in minutes or
will it just show "all trains go to kings cross st pancras", like you
didn't know already, until 1 minute before the train is due to arrive.

Bradley H. Davis July 15th 03 01:20 AM

Dot Matrix replaces big boards at L/Pool St

"nmtop40" wrote in message
om...
David Jackman wrote in message

52.50...
"Roger the cabin boy" wrote in
:

After some debatre on hgere I noted tonight that NEW dot matrix

describer
has appeared on the WB platform at Liverpool St (Met Circle)

Rumour is they will be doing Barbican too.

Barbican has now been done, both Eastbound and Westbound.

and will it actually give the time of the next train in minutes or
will it just show "all trains go to kings cross st pancras", like you
didn't know already, until 1 minute before the train is due to arrive.

I saw that new describer a few days ago and it did give the next three
trains. However, I noticed something different on this one that I had never
seen before. It said:

1 CIRCLE LINE via Paddington DELAY.
2 HAMMERSMITH via Shepherd's Bush 8mins.

Boltar July 15th 03 10:36 AM

Dot Matrix replaces big boards at L/Pool St

David Jackman wrote in message 52.50...
"Roger the cabin boy" wrote in
:

After some debatre on hgere I noted tonight that NEW dot matrix describer
has appeared on the WB platform at Liverpool St (Met Circle)

Rumour is they will be doing Barbican too.

Barbican has now been done, both Eastbound and Westbound.

Amazing , its only taken them almost 20 years since the first dot matrix
displays appeared on the northern line to install them on a major central
london section of the met/circle. You've got to love the speed at which LU
operates. Still , with a company that takes 9 months to fix an escalator
nothing comes as a surprise anymore...

B2003

Dave July 15th 03 11:32 AM

Dot Matrix replaces big boards at L/Pool St

Boltar writes
Still , with a company that takes 9 months to fix an escalator nothing
comes as a surprise anymore...

I'd like to se you do it any faster...

--
Dave

CJG July 15th 03 05:21 PM

Dot Matrix replaces big boards at L/Pool St

In message , Boltar
writes
with a company that takes 9 months to fix an escalator nothing comes as
a surprise anymore...

Isn't it taking 18months at Marylebone to replace or fix or whatever
they are doing to it?

--
CJG

dr_i_wankalot July 16th 03 01:34 AM

Dot Matrix replaces big boards at L/Pool St

Amazing , its only taken them almost 20 years since the first dot matrix
displays appeared on the northern line to install them on a major central
london section of the met/circle. You've got to love the speed at which LU
operates.

It will take another 5 Years to get the things working.

Boltar July 16th 03 08:18 AM

Dot Matrix replaces big boards at L/Pool St

Dave wrote in message ...
Boltar writes
Still , with a company that takes 9 months to fix an escalator nothing
comes as a surprise anymore...

I'd like to se you do it any faster...

If I was trained and was part of a good team I'm damn sure I could. When
railtrack replaced the escalators at fenchurch street station it took them...
... ready for this?... ONE WEEK! It can be done if the people doing it have a
clue and give a sh*t.

B2003

Boltar July 16th 03 08:21 AM

Dot Matrix replaces big boards at L/Pool St

CJG wrote in message ...
In message , Boltar
writes
with a company that takes 9 months to fix an escalator nothing comes as
a surprise anymore...

Isn't it taking 18months at Marylebone to replace or fix or whatever
they are doing to it?

More than likely. It took them 3 years to sort out all the escalators at
Holborn. Considering it took far less time than that to originally build the
station including installing the escalators you can only laugh at the absurdity
of it all.

B2003

Dave July 16th 03 10:01 AM

Dot Matrix replaces big boards at L/Pool St

Boltar writes
More than likely. It took them 3 years to sort out all the escalators
at Holborn. Considering it took far less time than that to originally
build the station including installing the escalators you can only
laugh at the absurdity of it all.

It's often the case that building something is a lot quicker than
dismantling and replacing parts of it.

If the factory can build a car from scratch on less than an hour - why
is it that the garage takes two days to replace the engine?

--
Dave