Old May 19th 05, 07:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default A book on Bus terminals in London

Can someone assure me i'm not going mad.

Was there a pamphlet, booklet, book produced in the 1980s or early 1990s
which listed all the terminals used by buses in London. By terminals i dont
mean only the ones at the end of the route, but ones like Harrow Road
"Prince of Wales" or "Bricklayers Arms"

Old May 22nd 05, 10:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

I think you may be referring to a book called "Terminal Points of London
Transport Country Buses 1948-1969" by Barry Kosky. I purchased a 2nd
edition
of this work direct from the author in 1982, missing out on the 1st
edition,
which went out of print while I saved up for it. A brilliant book, much
referred to, and I've never seen or heard of another copy anywhere. I
suppose those that have it, keep it. The first edition came out in 1974
and
the second in 1981. ISBN 0 904304 01 9. I don't know whether the author is
still around.

If not then I'd like to know more about a "Red Bus" version of Kosky.

-----
With best regards
-----
Phil Pearson
Leigh, Lancashire, WN7 5HF, UK
-----
"The Absent Minded Professor"
myfirstnames@surnameyearofbirthadotgoesherefreese rve.co.uk wrote in
message ...
Can someone assure me i'm not going mad.

Was there a pamphlet, booklet, book produced in the 1980s or early 1990s
which listed all the terminals used by buses in London. By terminals i
dont
mean only the ones at the end of the route, but ones like Harrow Road
"Prince of Wales" or "Bricklayers Arms"

It has removed 587 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!