London Banter

-   -   Jubilee Line Closure (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3059-jubilee-line-closure.html)

[email protected] May 25th 05 12:01 PM

Jubilee Line Closure

I see that the jubilee line is set to close for 5 days later this year
to install ne signalling equipment. Which section is to get the new
equipment?

Kevin

Paul Corfield May 25th 05 04:16 PM

Jubilee Line Closure

On 25 May 2005 05:01:41 -0700, wrote:

I see that the jubilee line is set to close for 5 days later this year
to install ne signalling equipment. Which section is to get the new
equipment?

Not really correct. Yes there is to be a closure but that is primarily
to add all the extra 7th cars to the existing trains. The four new
trains will also be commissioned. There are changes being made now along
the line to accommodate the longer trains and to ensure they stop in
positions that will still work all the platform train interface
(cameras, platform edge doors etc) equipment. There will obviously be
tests of the longer trains with the revised equipment over the 5 day
period.

In parallel the resignalling works are happening now with work running
from Stratford to Stanmore - hence why the Stratford to North Greenwich
section has had some weekend closures. The full signalling upgrade is
still a few years away from completion and implementation.

HTH
--
Paul C

Adrian May 25th 05 04:22 PM

Jubilee Line Closure

) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I see that the jubilee line is set to close for 5 days later this year

Haven't seen this - When?

Peter Smyth May 25th 05 04:38 PM

Jubilee Line Closure

"Adrian" wrote in message
. 244.170...
) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I see that the jubilee line is set to close for 5 days later this year

Haven't seen this - When?

December 25th-30th

Peter Smyth

Adrian May 25th 05 08:13 PM

Jubilee Line Closure

Peter Smyth ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

I see that the jubilee line is set to close for 5 days later this year

Haven't seen this - When?

December 25th-30th

Oh. Hardly peak time. Panic over.

Dave Arquati May 25th 05 08:42 PM

Jubilee Line Closure

Adrian wrote:
Peter Smyth ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

I see that the jubilee line is set to close for 5 days later this year

Haven't seen this - When?

December 25th-30th

Oh. Hardly peak time. Panic over.

However, the peak service will be reduced gradually from about 4
December to 24 December whilst trains are taken out of service to have
the new carriages added (and they can't come back into service until
every train has the extra carriage).

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Paul Weaver May 26th 05 04:34 AM

Jubilee Line Closure

"Adrian" wrote in message
. 244.170...
Oh. Hardly peak time. Panic over.

Glad I've got a car - if I relied on public transport to get to work It'd be
a nightmare.

--
Everything above is the personal opinion of the author, and nothing to do
with where he works and all that lovely disclaimery stuff.

General Von Clinkerhoffen May 26th 05 03:38 PM

Jubilee Line Closure

But once the chrimbo period is over there's no problem (apart from the
usual at any rate)bigger trains, more room.

Paul Weaver wrote:
. 244.170...

Neil Williams May 26th 05 09:21 PM

Jubilee Line Closure

On Wed, 25 May 2005 21:42:43 +0100, Dave Arquati
wrote:

However, the peak service will be reduced gradually from about 4
December to 24 December whilst trains are taken out of service to have
the new carriages added (and they can't come back into service until
every train has the extra carriage).

Why not?

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
When replying please use neil at the above domain

Adrian May 26th 05 09:45 PM

Jubilee Line Closure

Neil Williams ) gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying :

(and they can't come back into service until
every train has the extra carriage).

Why not?

Presumably to protect against a situation where the JLE doors "think" it's
a long train, but it isn't.