London Banter

-   -   Faded Record Card (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3080-faded-record-card.html)

Chris June 4th 05 02:48 PM

Faded Record Card

Apparenlty an Oystercard with 6month season accompanied by a photocard
and a faded record card is NOT valid on overground trains and according
to the RPI I was lucky I didn't get a PF. How does one go about
getting a new record card? Tube stations say they can't re-print it
and the oystercard helpline reckons I have to report the oyster lost
(and be without season ticket for a while) to get a new record card.
If I was PF'd would I be able to claim it back (since I do carry my
season ticket with me on my Oyster Card and it is valid)

Peter Smyth June 4th 05 03:19 PM

Faded Record Card

"Chris" wrote in message
ups.com...
Apparenlty an Oystercard with 6month season accompanied by a photocard
and a faded record card is NOT valid on overground trains and according
to the RPI I was lucky I didn't get a PF. How does one go about
getting a new record card? Tube stations say they can't re-print it
and the oystercard helpline reckons I have to report the oyster lost
(and be without season ticket for a while) to get a new record card.
If I was PF'd would I be able to claim it back (since I do carry my
season ticket with me on my Oyster Card and it is valid)

The RPI didn't know what he was talking about. Oyster Card seasons are valid
on overground trains and you don't need a record card at all, or a photocard
either.

Peter Smyth

TKD June 4th 05 07:29 PM

Faded Record Card

"Chris" wrote in message
ups.com...
Apparenlty an Oystercard with 6month season accompanied by a photocard
and a faded record card is NOT valid on overground trains and according
to the RPI I was lucky I didn't get a PF. How does one go about
getting a new record card? Tube stations say they can't re-print it
and the oystercard helpline reckons I have to report the oyster lost
(and be without season ticket for a while) to get a new record card.
If I was PF'd would I be able to claim it back (since I do carry my
season ticket with me on my Oyster Card and it is valid)

Someone I know experienced this on Silverlink a few times when the
guard didn't know how to use his hand held scanner properly and claimed there
was no valid ticket. He printed the list of current tickets from his account details on
www.oystercard.com and showed that to him the next time to shut him up.

Chris! June 5th 05 08:42 PM

Faded Record Card

Chris wrote:
Apparenlty an Oystercard with 6month season accompanied by a photocard
and a faded record card is NOT valid on overground trains and according
to the RPI I was lucky I didn't get a PF. How does one go about
getting a new record card? Tube stations say they can't re-print it
and the oystercard helpline reckons I have to report the oyster lost
(and be without season ticket for a while) to get a new record card.
If I was PF'd would I be able to claim it back (since I do carry my
season ticket with me on my Oyster Card and it is valid)

I got it replaced this evening at East Putney.

The knob in the station didn't transfer my prepay over, didn't transfer
my discount entitlement over and put the wrong expiry date (today
instead of 29 JUN).

I'm fuming!!

Chris! June 5th 05 09:51 PM

Faded Record Card

Chris! wrote:
Chris wrote:
Apparenlty an Oystercard with 6month season accompanied by a photocard
and a faded record card is NOT valid on overground trains and according
to the RPI I was lucky I didn't get a PF. How does one go about
getting a new record card? Tube stations say they can't re-print it
and the oystercard helpline reckons I have to report the oyster lost
(and be without season ticket for a while) to get a new record card.
If I was PF'd would I be able to claim it back (since I do carry my
season ticket with me on my Oyster Card and it is valid)

I got it replaced this evening at East Putney.

The knob in the station didn't transfer my prepay over, didn't transfer
my discount entitlement over and put the wrong expiry date (today
instead of 29 JUN).

I'm fuming!!

Sorted @ Fulham Bdwy (East Putney closed early)... took 70 minutes to
get it corrected - but at least that's better than queueing tomorrow in
the am peak

Colin Rosenstiel June 5th 05 10:41 PM

Faded Record Card

In article . com,
(Chris!) wrote:

Sorted @ Fulham Bdwy (East Putney closed early).

Sounds standard practice there. I'm glad I can't use Oyster (because I
travel from Cambridge) with all the hassle.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Francis Davey June 6th 05 08:13 PM

Faded Record Card

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article . com,
(Chris!) wrote:

Sorted @ Fulham Bdwy (East Putney closed early).

Sounds standard practice there. I'm glad I can't use Oyster (because I
travel from Cambridge) with all the hassle.

I've never had any hassle with Oyster. Some of my Cambridge friends
actually have Oysters for when they want to get around the capital
quickly. I guess you have a gold card or something (as I did when
commuting) so London travel is an irrelevance to you.

Francis

PS: I thought you were a Cambridge City Councillor, but I am obviously
out of touch

David Cantrell June 6th 05 08:22 PM

Faded Record Card

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 23:41 +0100 (BST), (Colin
Rosenstiel) said:
In article . com,
(Chris!) wrote:
Sorted @ Fulham Bdwy (East Putney closed early).

Sounds standard practice there. I'm glad I can't use Oyster (because I
travel from Cambridge) with all the hassle.

I just don't see what benefit Oyster would have for me, and I live in
London!

--
David Cantrell |
http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

James Farrar June 6th 05 10:49 PM

Faded Record Card

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:22:51 +0100, David Cantrell
wrote:

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 23:41 +0100 (BST), (Colin
Rosenstiel) said:
In article . com,
(Chris!) wrote:
Sorted @ Fulham Bdwy (East Putney closed early).

Sounds standard practice there. I'm glad I can't use Oyster (because I
travel from Cambridge) with all the hassle.

I just don't see what benefit Oyster would have for me, and I live in
London!

It's noticeably quicker and easier to get through ticket gates.

I do most of my commuting on NR, and I use Oyster by choice, just for
the convenience of not needing two hands free to take a paper ticket
out of the wallet at the barrier.

Chris! June 6th 05 11:02 PM

Faded Record Card

David Cantrell wrote:
On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 23:41 +0100 (BST), (Colin
Rosenstiel) said:
In article . com,
(Chris!) wrote:
Sorted @ Fulham Bdwy (East Putney closed early).

Sounds standard practice there. I'm glad I can't use Oyster (because I
travel from Cambridge) with all the hassle.

I just don't see what benefit Oyster would have for me, and I live in
London!

Despite the problem in my OP I do like Oyster. I could have had the
same problems with paper tickets. Oyster is easier to get through the
gates (and easy to go a few stops extra out of my travelcard without
queueing up for an extension ticket). Also, every so often, I can get
a several page printout of all the journeys I have made (although the
last statement 'got lost in the post' around about the same time a
royal mail van was nicked in Putney)