Old June 7th 05, 05:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Eye

Since when did the uk.transport.london newsgroup constitute as humour?....Or
are you doing like others have suggested here and saying the London
Transport system IS a joke?
Just asking,as that's the newsgroup it was posted in....Posted it myself!
Glen

--
I was an only child.....eventually!
"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 11:39:40 +0100, "gay merrington"
wrote:

Nothing wrong with cutting down on congestion,though in other cities what
has worked is occupancy within the cars.What they do is that they have
cameras (similar to the speed cameras here) that take a picture of the
car,and within certain hours of the day (7am-7pm) any car that has more

than
2 seats (ie Smart Cars would be exempt for example) that have les than 3
passengers are ticketed/fined/sent a bill for carrying less than the

alloted
3 passengers with the exception of motorcycles,cabs,commercial vehicles
(read in delivery vans/company vehicles on call/or applied for exemption)

or
similar types of vehicles.Seems to me that would work equally as well in
reducing the congestion within London.Just a thought of what I've seen

work
elsewhere.
Glen

Can you stop cross posting to urm. It's a group for humour.
--
Martin

Old June 7th 05, 08:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 11:30:05 +0100, "gay merrington"
wrote:

And how many bikes (aside from those with sidecars) have you seen that carry
more than 2 people?

I've been one of 20 people on a bicycle made for 20. Owned by Hares
back in the 1970s. Actually it had a sidecar for a brakeman.
--
Terry Harper
Website Coordinator, The Omnibus Society
Old June 7th 05, 08:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.humour

"gay merrington" wrote in message
Nope....BTW thanks for the help with the spelling you gave me when I typed
it up!Much appreciated!Never let it be said that the English aren't a
helpful lot....That's why I just love it here!
Glen

Especially the beer.
Mercan *beer* is like making love in a punt.

Old June 8th 05, 07:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.humour

"Geordie the Forgery" wrote in message

"gay merrington" wrote in message
Nope....BTW thanks for the help with the spelling you gave me when I

typed
it up!Much appreciated!Never let it be said that the English aren't a
helpful lot....That's why I just love it here!
Glen

Especially the beer.
Mercan *beer* is like making love in a punt.

Both very close to f***ing water.

Old June 8th 05, 10:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.humour

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, Miss L. Toe wrote:

"Geordie the Forgery" wrote in message

"gay merrington" wrote in message

Nope....BTW thanks for the help with the spelling you gave me when I
typed it up!Much appreciated!Never let it be said that the English
aren't a helpful lot....That's why I just love it here!

Especially the beer. Mercan *beer* is like making love in a punt.

Both very close to f***ing water.

ITYM they're both ****ing close to water.

Of course, depends on who's in the punt with you, so YMMV.

tom

--
SAWING CHASING CRUNCHING ROBOTIC DEMOLITION
Old June 8th 05, 08:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.humour

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, Miss L. Toe wrote:

"Geordie the Forgery" wrote in message

"gay merrington" wrote in
message ...

Nope....BTW thanks for the help with the spelling you gave me when
I typed it up!Much appreciated!Never let it be said that the
English aren't a helpful lot....That's why I just love it here!

Especially the beer. Mercan *beer* is like making love in a punt.

Both very close to f***ing water.

ITYM they're both ****ing close to water.

Of course, depends on who's in the punt with you, so YMMV.

MRD

:-)

I will explain if pressed, but that was probably what she said...

Old June 9th 05, 07:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.humour

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
.li...
On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, Miss L. Toe wrote:

"Geordie the Forgery" wrote in message

"gay merrington" wrote in message

Nope....BTW thanks for the help with the spelling you gave me when I
typed it up!Much appreciated!Never let it be said that the English
aren't a helpful lot....That's why I just love it here!

Especially the beer. Mercan *beer* is like making love in a punt.

Both very close to f***ing water.

ITYM they're both ****ing close to water.

Of course, depends on who's in the punt with you, so YMMV.

Actually, couldn't it work both ways? ****ing close to water does sound
more straight forward, but close to ****ing water sounds more like the Viz
profanisaurus entries you read - one slip and ****ing water is all you'll be
doing? Perhaps that would apply more to sex on a raft? Hmm - need to think
about this one.

Old June 10th 05, 04:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.humour

Geez,I thought that was American beer where thier STRONG beer is still only
4% (light beer by British or Canadian standards) and light beer is only
2-3%.....Near-beer by anyone's standards!
Glen

--
I was an only child.....eventually!
eenews.net...

Old June 10th 05, 04:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.humour

--
"Malaika" wrote in message

[...]

We call that sort of beer Canoe....Both F'ing close to water
Glen