Old June 22nd 05, 12:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default DLR - 'Bank via Canary Wharf'

The new maps show the route of the extension as being Kings George V to
Shadwell.

Bank is already at capacity, or close to capacity (or rather the
Bank/Tower Gateway junction is) with the Lewisham services I doubt they'd
be able to fit any more in there and they can't take any out as the trains
are crowded as it is.
--

The new maps do 'appear' to show that the airport extension will run
between King George V and Shadwell but if you look closely, you can see

Given the large number of people who would want to travel from Canary
Wharf and from the Lewisham branch to the airport, I'm disappointed
that a change at Poplar will initially be required to travel to the
airport.

Currently, the daytime 10 minute service to Stratford from Lewisham is
timed for cross platform interchange between this service and the Tower
Gateway to Beckton service. I wonder if this arrangement will continue.
It's very handy but would be even handier if the connection were made
between the Lewisham - Stratford and Bank - Airport service instead.