London Banter

-   -   Heathrow Connect - can't connect !! (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3123-heathrow-connect-cant-connect.html)

John Ray June 22nd 05 05:17 PM

Heathrow Connect - can't connect !!

Richard J. wrote:

God knows. I've just phoned the number given on the HC website for "up
to the minute information". The person who answered couldn't say what
the problem was, or when the service to Heathrow might start/resume.
She wasn't even sure what company she worked for. And of course, they
haven't replied to the e-mail I sent on Monday.

The registrant of the www.heathrowconnect.co.uk site is BAA plc.

I travelled on one this morning from Paddington to Southall. There was
no indication that it would terminate short; in fact there were frequent
onboard announcements that the destination was Heathrow. What the
reality was I cannot of course say.

--
John Ray, London UK.

[email protected] June 22nd 05 08:43 PM

Heathrow Connect - can't connect !!

thoss wrote:
In article , c.uk writes
If laden down with luggage (and possibly children), doing Jubilee-
Bakerloo-Paddington then Heathrow Express is well worth the extra ten
quid for speed and accessability over Jubilee-Picadilly. IMO.

If laden down with luggage (and possibly children), the fewer changes
the better, surely.

Not really. Jubilee-Bakerloo is cross platform; and getting out
at Heathrow is much easier from HExpress than Picadilly. And since
Green Park lifts are usually a pain, I'd change at Westminster then
Hammersmith to get to the Picadilly in any case. Also, HExpress
carriages tend to be less crowded.

I agree, though, there's not much in it ... but then 15mins on HExpress
(plus some waiting time) is better than some uncertain 60+ on the Picadilly.

#Paul

Richard J. June 22nd 05 10:43 PM

Heathrow Connect - can't connect !!

Dave Arquati wrote:
Richard J. wrote:
According to the driver, the problem at Heathrow is that once they
enter the stabling siding that they use at Terminal 4, the signal
won't let them out again. So they are stuck with terminating at
Hayes until BAA sort out the signal at Terminal 4, using their
contractor Network Rail. They couldn't even manage the
Hayes-Paddington service properly this afternoon, as the 16:41 was
cancelled.

So far Heathrow Connect seems a bit rubbish. Didn't they do some
trial runs into T4 before they started running the service
officially?

Sorry, my reference to T4 should have read T123, as that is where
Heathrow Connect is supposed to terminate, and presumably where the
stabling siding is.

--
Richard J.