Old July 3rd 05, 06:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster communication failure

In message , Kat
writes

If only they would take
as their example some of the terrific station staff working at tube
stations - particularly, in my experience, on the District Line - who are
tireless in their desire to assist even the dimmest tourist. I envy their
patience.

Wow!
I'm going to print that out and frame it!!
;-)

I was thinking that too.

Old July 3rd 05, 06:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"David Cantrell" wrote in message

No answer to your question I'm afraid but of course if you abuse staff
on the buses or the Underground you will be prosecuted.

Good thing that there's no indication that the OP abused them then.

--

I'm very civilised. I was in a shirt and tie at the time. It wasn't as if I
looked like an urban youth, out to cause the bus driver grief.

Old July 3rd 05, 09:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

Ian F. wrote:

Abuse? From whom? Stress, OK, I agree, it's a pretty stressful job, but that
doesn't mean they have to treat passengers with total disdain and look at us
as though we've crawled out of the nearest gutter. Have you ever tried
asking one of them a simple question, like saying "could you please tell me
when we get to []?", just to be met with a glazed-over look and a grunt?

You should live out here in the wilds of Essex where the last bus sails
by the bus-stop ten minutes early while you're waiting to cross the
road!
--
Kat

Old July 4th 05, 02:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message There are plenty
of skilled and polite bus drivers in London.

I've been using the buses daily since March last year. I had to give up
driving because a stroke left me 70% blind..

You are quite right. A driver on the 140 said thank you to me about six
months' ago.

I nearly died from the shock!

Scum of the earth, generally.

Mick.

Old July 4th 05, 02:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mick Tully" wrote in message

Technical question.

I prepay online. The card can't show show much I'm in credit, can it? Surely
it can only identify the owner to the LT computer system, ???

Mick.

Old July 4th 05, 09:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 19:51:03 +0100, "?uzzled" said:

I'm very civilised. I was in a shirt and tie at the time.

Some of the worst people out there wear shirt and tie!

Old July 5th 05, 09:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"David Cantrell" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 19:51:03 +0100, "?uzzled" said:

I'm very civilised. I was in a shirt and tie at the time.

Some of the worst people out there wear shirt and tie!

You've met my boss then ?

Old July 5th 05, 03:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mick Tully" wrote in message

You are quite right. A driver on the 140 said thank you to me about six
months' ago.

I nearly died from the shock!

Mea Culpa!

I'm ever so sorry. The reason why London's bus drivers appear to be such
rude *******s is because of the enlightened policy of employing the disabled
by Red Ken's Transport For London. They are, quite obviously, deaf mutes.

I should have gathered this before, as I've often asked whether they've
received staff training in dealing with customers, who after all, pay their
wages.

I've never had a reply... Now I understand why.

Shame on me for not realising this before.

Mick.

Old July 5th 05, 08:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 15:07:39 GMT, "Mick Tully"
wrote:

"Mick Tully" wrote in message

You are quite right. A driver on the 140 said thank you to me about six
months' ago.

I nearly died from the shock!

Mea Culpa!

I'm ever so sorry. The reason why London's bus drivers appear to be such
rude *******s is because of the enlightened policy of employing the disabled
by Red Ken's Transport For London. They are, quite obviously, deaf mutes.

I should have gathered this before, as I've often asked whether they've
received staff training in dealing with customers, who after all, pay their
wages.

Ok, here's the answer:

http://www.edexcel.org.uk/virtualcon..._Launch_v2.pdf

Now, if you're not happy with the service you get why not complain to
London Buses?

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk
Old July 6th 05, 09:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Kat typed

You should live out here in the wilds of Essex where the last bus sails
by the bus-stop ten minutes early while you're waiting to cross the
road!

They do that in Middlesex too...

--
Helen D. Vecht: