Old July 5th 05, 09:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Parking at a Station Near to Heathrow

I work at Vauxhall and normally go by tube but in a few weeks I need to
pick somebody up in the evening from Heathrow. I am thinking of driving
to somewher like Staines or Feltham and go into work from there then
return to the car to go to Heathrow.
Which station has the easiest parking or should I be considering
another Station.

Thanks

Kevin

Old July 5th 05, 03:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
oups.com...
I work at Vauxhall and normally go by tube but in a few weeks I need to
pick somebody up in the evening from Heathrow. I am thinking of driving
to somewher like Staines or Feltham and go into work from there then
return to the car to go to Heathrow.
Which station has the easiest parking or should I be considering
another Station.

Kevin,

Feltham is extremely difficult for parking at the moment, due to major
construction projects in the nearby town centre.

However - Feltham is the Boundary station for Zone 6, and access to Heathrow
is VERY easy, and the train service to Vauxhall is very good.

Hatton Cross is an alternative, as the Picadilly Line Z6 boundary station.
It has a large car park, but it's expensive - and it fills up early.

Alternatives, just a little further out from LHR (but "closer", not
necessarily "easier" for Vauxhall) are any of the stations on the Kingston
loop. I'd recommend Teddington - plenty of free parking nearby in the
residential streets, and trains every few minutes if you're prepared to go
round the loop in either direction.

--
MatSav