Old July 17th 03, 09:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Parking near Greenford

Hi

I'm travelling from Notts to London shortly, and wish to to park up on the
outskirts of London and travel in on the tube.

Is there any parking (paid or otherwise) near to Greenford tube station?

Thanks

Pete

Old July 17th 03, 10:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Pete wrote:
Hi

I'm travelling from Notts to London shortly, and wish to to
park up on the outskirts of London and travel in on the
tube.

Is there any parking (paid or otherwise) near to Greenford
tube station?

Thanks

Pete

If you're travelling from Nottinghamshire and planning to use the M1 all the
way to London then I would suggest parking near one of the stations on the
Jubilee Line towards Stanmore or on the Northern's Edware Branch. Neither of
them are far off the M1 and you'll save yourself some miles.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...=518500,192500
&st=4&ar=N&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.sr f

Old July 17th 03, 10:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Is there any parking (paid or otherwise) near to Greenford tube
station?

Absolutely none. The area around Greenford tube is very congested and
there is no parking whatsoever. Even on-street parking is
almost impossible!

In this area you might be better advised to head for either Uxbridge or
Harrow-on-the-Hill stations as there are large multi-story car parks
within a couple of minutes walk of both.

*Keith*
remove the 9s to reply
Old July 17th 03, 10:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Pete" wrote in message
Hi

I'm travelling from Notts to London shortly, and wish to to park up on the
outskirts of London and travel in on the tube.

Is there any parking (paid or otherwise) near to Greenford tube station?

Thanks

Pete

yes, but you'll have to be prepared to have a bit off a walk to the
station.
You can park down one of the residential streets which are usually filled
with commuters cars.
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...=514750,183750
&st=4&ar=N&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.sr f

Old July 19th 03, 03:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Pete wrote:
Hi

I'm travelling from Notts to London shortly, and wish to to park up on the
outskirts of London and travel in on the tube.

Is there any parking (paid or otherwise) near to Greenford tube station?

There's a large out-of-town style shopping development about 5 minutes
walk away, I'm sure Mcdonalds et al wouldn't mind you parking there all day!

Old July 20th 03, 07:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Keith Marshall" wrote in message
There's a large out-of-town style shopping development about 5
minutes walk away, I'm sure Mcdonalds et al wouldn't mind you parking
there all day!

I can't be sure about now, but that mall car park used to be regularly
monitored and anyone there more than a couple of hours clamped. :-(

Very true - and don't be tempted to get into an argument with the clampers -
I saw one bloke assaulted for trying such......

ATB

Old July 20th 03, 12:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I suppose it depends where you're heading in London, but otherwise I would have
thought Greenford is not the obvious place to look when coming in from
Nottingham.
Maybe someone can advise on parking at Highgate (Northern Line) or near Wood
Green(picadilly)
Old July 20th 03, 02:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

CharlesPottins writes
I suppose it depends where you're heading in London, but otherwise I would have
thought Greenford is not the obvious place to look when coming in from
Nottingham.
Maybe someone can advise on parking at Highgate (Northern Line)

Very small station car park.

or near Wood Green(picadilly)

Only in the nearby shopping centre car park.

But then if travelling from Nottingham I wouldn't be choosing those
stations either. Someone else has previously suggested a Jubilee line
station, which is not only much easier to drive to but has a large
station car park.

--
Dave
Old July 20th 03, 02:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave wrote:
CharlesPottins writes
I suppose it depends where you're heading in London, but
otherwise I would have thought Greenford is not the
obvious place to look when coming in from Nottingham.
Maybe someone can advise on parking at Highgate (Northern
Line)

Very small station car park.

or near Wood Green(picadilly)

Only in the nearby shopping centre car park.

But then if travelling from Nottingham I wouldn't be
choosing those
stations either. Someone else has previously suggested a
Jubilee line
station, which is not only much easier to drive to but has
a large
station car park.

I do sometimes wonder if people read through previous responses before
posting their own contribution.