London Banter

-   -   Experimental road surface (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/323-experimental-road-surface.html)

Martin J July 15th 03 01:13 PM

Experimental road surface

I have recently driven over the 2 sections of 'experimental road surface' in
SE London on the B218, Brockley road. I don't know if anybody else has
experienced any such things but in my Focus it seems to be smoother the
higher the speed. I had heard that these surfaces were intended as a
replacement for speed bumps. Crazy?
Martin J.

Dave July 15th 03 04:53 PM

Experimental road surface

Martin J writes
I had heard that these surfaces were intended as a replacement for
speed bumps

Where did you hear that?

--
Dave

dr_i_wankalot July 16th 03 01:32 AM

Experimental road surface

"Martin J" wrote in message
I have recently driven over the 2 sections of 'experimental road surface'

in
SE London on the B218, Brockley road. I don't know if anybody else has
experienced any such things but in my Focus it seems to be smoother the
higher the speed.

I think it's called Tarmac.