Old July 12th 05, 09:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Street Map showing tube lines?

Hi,

Are there any maps anywhere which show where the tube lines (not just the
stations) are in relation to the streets. I have a line under my house, and
I'd like to figure out exactly what it is.

Cheers,

Fred.

Old July 12th 05, 09:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Fred Finisterre" wrote in message
Hi,

Are there any maps anywhere which show where the tube lines (not just the
stations) are in relation to the streets. I have a line under my house,

and
I'd like to figure out exactly what it is.

Older A-Zs show the lines. If you want to reveal your street on this NG
someone here will tell you which line it is.

Old July 12th 05, 10:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Fred Finisterre wrote:
Hi,

Are there any maps anywhere which show where the tube lines (not just the
stations) are in relation to the streets. I have a line under my house, and
I'd like to figure out exactly what it is.

Cheers,

Fred.

Have a look here
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/maps/real...derground.html

shows the central areas only, but may be of some help

--

Mark²³
Old July 12th 05, 10:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Brimstone" typed

"Fred Finisterre" wrote in message
Hi,

Are there any maps anywhere which show where the tube lines (not just the
stations) are in relation to the streets. I have a line under my house,

and
I'd like to figure out exactly what it is.

Older A-Zs show the lines. If you want to reveal your street on this NG
someone here will tell you which line it is.

A bus map of your area, (NOT a Spider Map) downloadable from the TfL
website, will show railway and Underground lines in relation to roads
which are bus routes. You shuld be able to work out the finer details.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old July 12th 05, 02:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 11:09:18 on Tue, 12 Jul
2005, Mark²³ remarked:
Are there any maps anywhere which show where the tube lines (not
just the stations) are in relation to the streets. I have a line
under my house, and I'd like to figure out exactly what it is.
Cheers,
Fred.

Have a look here
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/maps/real...derground.html

shows the central areas only, but may be of some help

That map suffers from "joining the dots" syndrome, in common with every
other similar electronically produced railway map I've seen. So it gives
a general indication, much of the time, but there very many detailed
"errors". For example, the City branch of the Northern line is
completely wrong at Euston.

Old July 12th 05, 02:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry typed

In message , at 11:09:18 on Tue, 12 Jul
2005, Mark²³ remarked:
Are there any maps anywhere which show where the tube lines (not
just the stations) are in relation to the streets. I have a line
under my house, and I'd like to figure out exactly what it is.
Cheers,
Fred.

Have a look here
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/maps/real...derground.html

shows the central areas only, but may be of some help

That map suffers from "joining the dots" syndrome, in common with every
other similar electronically produced railway map I've seen. So it gives
a general indication, much of the time, but there very many detailed
"errors". For example, the City branch of the Northern line is
completely wrong at Euston.

I *think* the bus maps have this one about right, but am prepared to be
corrected.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old July 12th 05, 03:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 15:43:14 on
Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Helen Deborah Vecht
remarked:
That map suffers from "joining the dots" syndrome, in common with every
other similar electronically produced railway map I've seen. So it gives
a general indication, much of the time, but there very many detailed
"errors". For example, the City branch of the Northern line is
completely wrong at Euston.

I *think* the bus maps have this one about right, but am prepared to be
corrected.

Unfortunately, the "Central" map (which is the one that would include
Euston) doesn't have the underground lines on it. Meanwhile, the various
'outer' maps don't show the detail inside the "Central" area.

Of course, there aren't very many interesting below surface lines
outside the "Central" zone. However, they have the approaches to Ealing
Broadway reasonably OK (but that's overground, anyway, so visible on
normal maps).
Old July 12th 05, 05:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Yes, please. My email address is a real one.

Thanks to Helen, I've figured out I'm 80-100 yards from the Victoria line.
It surprises me I can hear it as if it's right under my lounge.

Cheers,

Fred.

Old July 12th 05, 06:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Let me know if you want it; all Tube lines are shown in their
traditional colours.

Old July 12th 05, 07:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry typed

[...]

Mine does (it's a bit old, map dated 3/3/04, so probably has been
superceded) I can email it to anyone who wants it.

It shows the Bank branch of the Northern Line running between Albany
Street and Hampstead Road, then swinging east, north of Euston Road,
into Euston. Chx branch is shown running immediately west of Eversholt
Street into Euston. It seems reasonably accurate, if diagrammatic to me.

Let me know if you want it; all Tube lines are shown in their
traditional colours.

The Central London Night map I have does not show these details. (It is
older, dated 18/3/03 but downloaded last May)

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.