Old July 12th 05, 04:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London: Four suicide bombers?

There are dozens of new news articles now which say that each of the
four London bombs was carried by a suicide bomber. Here's one:
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...source=PA&ct=5

'4 bombers died' in blasts

Four bombers died in the London terror attacks, it was reported today.

Police refused to confirmed the report on Sky News but sources said that
the identification of at least one of the dead bombers led detectives to
addresses in Leeds where raids were carried out today.

It now appears the blasts which killed at least 52 people were the work
of suicide bombers.

-----------

So, if this information is true - and it has NOT been verified as being
true by the police - then the fact that the bombs COULD have been
planted by one person doesn't mean it was done by one person.

But it's a mystery why there were so many reports saying the train
bombings were NOT the work of suicide bombers.

I'll continue to follow this, but it still seems possible that the bombs
were all planted by one terrorist - the terrorist who died on the bus.

Ed

Old July 12th 05, 05:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Ed Lake
writes

But it's a mystery why there were so many reports saying the train
bombings were NOT the work of suicide bombers.

I think that was simply a desire to scotch such a rumour unless and
until it became absolutely obvious that these really were the acts of
suicide bombers - which, sadly, now seems increasingly likely.

The worst kind of terrorism is that perpetrated by fanatics who are
convinced they will achieve a glorious martyrdom by killing themselves
in the process of slaughtering others. No threats of life-long jail
sentences can stop such people.

--
Paul Terry
Old July 12th 05, 08:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Terry wrote:
In message , Ed Lake
writes

But it's a mystery why there were so many reports saying the train
bombings were NOT the work of suicide bombers.

I think that was simply a desire to scotch such a rumour unless and
until it became absolutely obvious that these really were the acts of
suicide bombers - which, sadly, now seems increasingly likely.

The worst kind of terrorism is that perpetrated by fanatics who are
convinced they will achieve a glorious martyrdom by killing themselves
in the process of slaughtering others. No threats of life-long jail
sentences can stop such people.

Yes, you're probably right. The worst case scenario has proven true -
it was the work of four suicide bombers. The police almost certainly
didn't want to tell that to the public until it was proven to be true.

Maybe it was just wishful thinking that it was the work of one man.

Now England probably wonders what the purpose was for all the other
explosives they found. Did the four suicide bombers expect to have a
dozen others join them, and the others failed to show up?

And all this happened without a single hint to the police.

Groan. My heart goes out to the people of Great Britain.

Ed

Old July 13th 05, 09:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Ed Lake wrote:
Paul Terry wrote:
In message , Ed Lake
writes

[...]

I didn't hear any reports saying it was NOT suicide bombers. Almost
every report I heard mentioned the possibility that it might either be
suicide bombings or planted bombs. Naturally nobody wanted to confirm
it either way until the Police found enough evidence.

Old July 13th 05, 02:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

umpston wrote:

Ed Lake wrote:

Paul Terry wrote:

In message , Ed Lake
writes

[...]

Correct. There was speculation about suicide bombers, but the police
kept saying there was no EVIDENCE of it. Now there is evidence of it.

I was only looking at the evidence.

Ed

Old July 14th 05, 01:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Ed Lake wrote:
umpston wrote:

Ed Lake wrote:

Paul Terry wrote:

In message , Ed Lake
writes

[...]

Maybe - but you were inaccurate when you said "But it's a mystery why
there were so many reports saying the train bombings were NOT the work
of suicide bombers." I do not believe the reports actually said that.

Old July 14th 05, 10:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

There is an interesting conspiracy theory on http://www.prisonplanet.com/
Not saying I believe but I wouldn't be surprised if we find out in 30 years
that things aren't quite what they seem. Regardless though, all our thoughts
go to the dead, injured and those just caught up in the dreadful events

Loony T

"umpston" wrote in message
oups.com...

Ed Lake wrote:
umpston wrote:

Ed Lake wrote:

Paul Terry wrote:

In message , Ed Lake

writes

Old July 15th 05, 08:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Loony Tune wrote:
There is an interesting conspiracy theory on http://www.prisonplanet.com/
Not saying I believe but I wouldn't be surprised if we find out in 30 years
that things aren't quite what they seem. Regardless though, all our thoughts
go to the dead, injured and those just caught up in the dreadful events

Loony T

I presume you mean the one where the former head of Israeli
intelligence supposedly made reference to the London bombs before they
exploded? This is a typical junk 'conspiracy theory' in that they've
quoted his comments about the London bombs but offered NO EVIDENCE that
he wrote or said them before the attacks. You could just as easily
quote something Tony Blair said and claim he wrote it the day before.
Not very interesting.

Old July 15th 05, 03:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

umpston wrote:
I didn't hear any reports saying it was NOT suicide bombers. Almost
every report I heard mentioned the possibility that it might either be
suicide bombings or planted bombs. Naturally nobody wanted to confirm
it either way until the Police found enough evidence.

Correct. There was speculation about suicide bombers, but the police
kept saying there was no EVIDENCE of it. Now there is evidence of it.

I was only looking at the evidence.

Maybe - but you were inaccurate when you said "But it's a mystery why
there were so many reports saying the train bombings were NOT the work
of suicide bombers." I do not believe the reports actually said that.

From the July 18 issue of Newsweek:
"With some relief, police officials saw no involvement by suicide bombers."

Mo

No indication suicide bombers behind London blasts

Source: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050708/323/fmxp6.html

Police rule out suicide bomber

Source:
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...?oneclick=true

Some news agencies reported that an unnamed U.S. law-enforcement official said evidence indicates that the devices were detonated by timers, which would rule out suicide attacks.

Police said they did not know whether the bomb was on or under a seat when it went off, and although they hadn't ruled out the possibility, said they had no indication a suicide bomber was responsible.

Source:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl..._COPY/BNStory/

There were many MANY more, but it's hard to find them now.

Ed