London Banter

-   -   Picc Line Signals (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3259-picc-line-signals.html)

Edward Cowling London UK July 13th 05 08:53 PM

Picc Line Signals

Piccadilly line

Sorry if this sounds a bit cynical, but I hope someone at LU has
realised what a splendid opportunity they now have to replace all those
sodding signals at the top end of the line ! The ones that give grief
every night !

We kept hearing that bits of the network needed closing for weeks...
well here you go guys... get to it !

--
Edward Cowling London UK

Robert Woolley July 13th 05 11:52 PM

Picc Line Signals

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 21:53:37 +0100, Edward Cowling London UK
wrote:

Piccadilly line

Sorry if this sounds a bit cynical, but I hope someone at LU has
realised what a splendid opportunity they now have to replace all those
sodding signals at the top end of the line ! The ones that give grief
every night !

We kept hearing that bits of the network needed closing for weeks...
well here you go guys... get to it !

Yepm except it takes months to plan the work, get the design work done
and assemble the scarce signalling resource.

It would be lovely to do the work now but we had planned for the
bombs....

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk

Boltar July 14th 05 03:22 PM

Picc Line Signals

Yepm except it takes months to plan the work, get the design work done
and assemble the scarce signalling resource.
It would be lovely to do the work now but we had planned for the
bombs....

Given these signalling problems have been going on and off
for years now, shouldn't you have fixed it by now anyway?
And just out of curiousity , what does "signalling
resource" mean in english?

B2003

Hobbayne July 14th 05 04:44 PM

Picc Line Signals

No first job on the agenda is to suspend the Picc line from Acton to
HPC to replace all the track from Acton to Hamm.

Richard J. July 14th 05 06:27 PM

Picc Line Signals

Hobbayne wrote:
No first job on the agenda is to suspend the Picc line from Acton to
HPC to replace all the track from Acton to Hamm.

That's currently plannned for weekend possesions of both Piccadilly and
District starting next month.
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-cent...t.asp?prID=398
--
Richard J.

David Howdon July 14th 05 08:37 PM

Picc Line Signals

Richard J. wrote:
Hobbayne wrote:

No first job on the agenda is to suspend the Picc line from Acton to
HPC to replace all the track from Acton to Hamm.

That's currently plannned for weekend possesions of both Piccadilly and
District starting next month.
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-cent...t.asp?prID=398

Is that still going to happen or will most of the people trained to
repair tracks be working on the areas damaged by the bombings?

--
To contact me take a davidhowdon and add a @yahoo.co.uk to the end.

Edward Cowling London UK July 14th 05 08:51 PM

Picc Line Signals

In message , Robert Woolley
writes

Yepm except it takes months to plan the work, get the design work done
and assemble the scarce signalling resource.

It would be lovely to do the work now but we had planned for the
bombs....

Ahhh so you're the mastermind :-)

I'm sure that's not what you meant to say.

--
Edward Cowling London UK

Edward Cowling London UK July 14th 05 08:52 PM

Picc Line Signals

In message .com,
Hobbayne writes
No first job on the agenda is to suspend the Picc line from Acton to
HPC to replace all the track from Acton to Hamm.

Why not do it now ? With two thirds of the line dead already...
but no of course, much too sensible.

Wait til the week before the Olympics start and the "signalling
resources" are perfect :-)

--
Edward Cowling London UK

Stuart July 14th 05 11:32 PM

Picc Line Signals

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:

Piccadilly line

Sorry if this sounds a bit cynical, but I hope someone at LU has
realised what a splendid opportunity they now have to replace all those
sodding signals at the top end of the line ! The ones that give grief
every night !

We kept hearing that bits of the network needed closing for weeks...
well here you go guys... get to it !

And then there's the refurbishments of Turnpike Lane and Manor House.
They've only been able to work nights replacing all those tiles until
this week. Would like to think they're taking the oppertunity of the
closure to finish them off quicker!

I doubt it though