Old July 25th 05, 11:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Last three RM routes

I was surprised today how many of the 1961 RML batch seemed to be still
in use on the last three Routemaster routes.

I saw three of them on my way home, 892 and 895 on the 159 and 888
(IIRC) on the 38. I remember 899 was a regular on the 14 too. How many
of the batch of 24 are still in service?

Am I right in thinking that no RMLs are running on the 13 so any RMLs
still in service are on the 38 or 159?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old July 26th 05, 09:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message
I was surprised today how many of the 1961 RML batch seemed to be still
in use on the last three Routemaster routes.

I saw three of them on my way home, 892 and 895 on the 159 and 888
(IIRC) on the 38. I remember 899 was a regular on the 14 too. How many
of the batch of 24 are still in service?

Am I right in thinking that no RMLs are running on the 13 so any RMLs
still in service are on the 38 or 159?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

you still get the odd RML on the 13, they still have the London United logo
on them

Old July 26th 05, 05:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message
I was surprised today how many of the 1961 RML batch seemed to be still
in use on the last three Routemaster routes.

I saw three of them on my way home, 892 and 895 on the 159 and 888
(IIRC) on the 38. I remember 899 was a regular on the 14 too. How many
of the batch of 24 are still in service?

Am I right in thinking that no RMLs are running on the 13 so any RMLs
still in service are on the 38 or 159?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Ones left are 884,888,897 & 901 @ Clapton & 892 & 895 @ Brixton. There are 2
RML's left on the 13 2734 & 2744

Old July 28th 05, 12:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
Am I right in thinking that no RMLs are running on the 13 so any RMLs
still in service are on the 38 or 159?

Sullivan Buses have a few routemasters that they're using on the Arnos
Grove - Finchley Central Picadilly Line Replacement service; it's the
first time in over a decade that I've seen routemasters in Finchley.

--
Simon Hewison
Old July 28th 05, 05:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Simon Hewison wrote:

Sullivan Buses have a few routemasters that they're using on the Arnos
Grove - Finchley Central Picadilly Line Replacement service; it's the
first time in over a decade that I've seen routemasters in Finchley.

I have been told, by a user of the service, that a London Country
Routemaster has been deployed. This, presumably, is also unusual for
Finchley?

--
John Ray, London UK.