Old August 22nd 05, 06:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Gate Gourmet protests

Not been past them, but the weather says to expect rain shortly. Will that
be the end of the protests?

Old August 22nd 05, 07:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

elyob wrote:
Not been past them, but the weather says to expect rain shortly. Will that
be the end of the protests?

I wondered that. I went past T4 this morning and there was small
presence but nothing like the numbers peviously seen.

Kevin

Old August 22nd 05, 03:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
ups.com...

elyob wrote:
Not been past them, but the weather says to expect rain shortly. Will
that
be the end of the protests?

I wondered that. I went past T4 this morning and there was small
presence but nothing like the numbers peviously seen.

Kevin

Though GG failed to stop the protests they did manage to limit the number of
protestors to 5.

Steve

Old August 22nd 05, 03:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Looks as though GG are about to go belly up so it will be lot more than
670 out of a job. I wonder who the unions will go and thump then.

Kevin

Old August 22nd 05, 03:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
ps.com...
Looks as though GG are about to go belly up so it will be lot more than
670 out of a job. I wonder who the unions will go and thump then.

What's the betting they go broke one Friday and re-emerge the following
Monday as Gay Gourmet?

It's already what many in the meeja have been calling them since this
malarkey started.
--
Brian
"Anyway, if you have been, thanks for listening."

Old August 22nd 05, 04:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

BA properly. Unions never let reality get in the way of a good fight.

B2003

Old August 23rd 05, 06:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 23:11:00 +0100, Cheeky wrote:

They were saying that no other airline caterers have the capacity to
take on BA if GG was to vanish. I guess someone will buy the
operation, renegotiate the contract with BA and either re-employ the
staff on less £ or get cheaper staff in. Sad but likely...

It is being rumoured that BA might buy it back themselves. I would be
very interested to see what happens then...

Do GG have anything to do with RailGourmet, out of interest? If not,
I wonder how such similar names ended up existing?

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
When replying please use neil at the above domain
Old August 23rd 05, 07:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Neil Williams) wrote:

Do GG have anything to do with RailGourmet, out of interest? If not,
I wonder how such similar names ended up existing?

The same thought passed through my mind as I walked through King's
Cross last week.

--
Colin Rosenstiel