Old August 6th 03, 11:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

Default UTS Gate Codes - Illogical Interchange

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 17:26:17 +0100, "Robin Mayes"
wrote:

That's probably not the best example of an illogical interchange.

Good examples:

Bank: Exiting via the Central Line ticket hall to interchange with the
Northern Line and trying to enter via the gates in the Northern Line ticket
hall.

But on what ticket would you get the "illogical interchange" message?
A single would be retained on the exit gate and a travelcard or season
would be allowed to do it anyway.

Old August 14th 03, 03:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Matthew Malthouse" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 12:11:39 +0100 K wrote:
} On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 17:26:17 +0100, "Robin Mayes"
} wrote:
}
}
}
} That's probably not the best example of an illogical interchange.
}
} Good examples:
}
} Bank: Exiting via the Central Line ticket hall to interchange with the
} Northern Line and trying to enter via the gates in the Northern Line

ticket
} hall.
}
}
} But on what ticket would you get the "illogical interchange" message?
} A single would be retained on the exit gate and a travelcard or season
} would be allowed to do it anyway.

Somwhere like Paddington where a single is retained and can be used to
enter the other underground station to continue your journey...

...excpet doing so would not be illogical?

Where's Mr Spock when you get problems like this?

Matthew
--

I don't know whether this relates to the above situation, but recently
travelling on a ODTC I arrived (via LUL) at Barking and went out in search

swap my names around (nodots nospaces) to reply to me
n.b. Please respond via n.g. but as I subscribe to two large newsgroups I am
usually running a few days behind on reading threads and so it may be
several days before I can respond to any n.g. reply

UTS Gateline codes Q London Transport 0 November 12th 09 10:10 PM
UTS gate error codes Matthew Dickinson London Transport 0 April 9th 05 10:46 PM
Gate Codes + Oyster simon London Transport 9 January 25th 04 09:25 AM
UTS Gate Codes - Illogical Interchange Matthew Malthouse London Transport 5 August 5th 03 11:53 AM
UTS Gate Codes - Illogical Interchange Terry Harper London Transport 0 August 3rd 03 06:58 PM