Old August 25th 05, 07:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tube Challenge

Heya --

Surprised to see nobody's mentioned today's Tube Challenge.

BBC have it covered at:

One of Fotopic's own admin staff are in a team, he's been uploading his
photos to the group at:
http://groups.fotopic.net/tubechallenge/
He'd got to Olympia and covered 96 stations by about midday.

The official website is at:
http://www.tuberelief.co.uk

Good luck if you're still out there... Post stories perhaps if you
see this and finished it!

jx

--
Joel Rowbottom, Chief Bespectacled Idiot, joelatfotopicdotnet
14M+ photos :: 215+ countries :: Free gallery at http://fotopic.net

Old August 26th 05, 12:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Joel Rowbottom) wrote:

Heya --

Surprised to see nobody's mentioned today's Tube Challenge.

BBC have it covered at:

One of Fotopic's own admin staff are in a team, he's been uploading
his photos to the group at:
http://groups.fotopic.net/tubechallenge/
He'd got to Olympia and covered 96 stations by about midday.

The official website is at:
http://www.tuberelief.co.uk

Good luck if you're still out there... Post stories perhaps if you
see this and finished it!

Rats! Why didn't someone post about this earlier?

I'm on holiday this week and could have joined in, on behalf of past
challengers. :-(

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old August 26th 05, 08:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

Rats! Why didn't someone post about this earlier?
I'm on holiday this week and could have joined in, on behalf of past
challengers. :-(

I was quite surprised (like I said ).

Rachel's photos of the "off" are at:
http://photos.sooty.org/c665762.html

Cheers

jx

Old August 28th 05, 12:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Joel Rowbottom wrote:
Heya --

Surprised to see nobody's mentioned today's Tube Challenge.

BBC have it covered at:

One of Fotopic's own admin staff are in a team, he's been uploading his
photos to the group at:
http://groups.fotopic.net/tubechallenge/

I surprised they have been banned from taking pictures as a 'security
measure!'

Old August 28th 05, 04:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Joel Rowbottom wrote:
Surprised to see nobody's mentioned today's Tube Challenge.
One of Fotopic's own admin staff are in a team, he's been uploading his
photos to the group at:
http://groups.fotopic.net/tubechallenge/
He'd got to Olympia and covered 96 stations by about midday.
Good luck if you're still out there... Post stories perhaps if you
see this and finished it!

I sort of "forgot" to keep taking photos in the end for the live stuff!
Sorry!

However we did 259 out of 274 in the end - and that was a LONG day I
tell you.

The Blog of the day is at http://london-underground.blogspot.com/

(Particularly amusing is the guys who managed to get a High Barnet train
at Finchley Central re-routed to Mill Hill East so they had a 3 minute
instead of a 19 minute wait)

Regards, Matthew

--
Matthew Frost http://www.frost.net/
"My feet, my arms and my ears. And, your feet."