Old September 30th 05, 04:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default A different ELLX question

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, solar penguin wrote:

Isn't _anyone_ actually going to answer our questions: How will
introducing the ELLX services affect existing suburban services to West
Croydon and Crystal Palace?

This is the sort of thing LTUC should know about. I had a quick look at
their site, but couldn't find anything; there's this:

http://www.ltuc.org.uk/get_document.php?id=2042

But that only mentions phase 2 (paragraph 76 onwards). You might be able
to find something more relevant, or failing that, email them.

tom

--
you can't feel your stomack with glory -- Czako

Old September 30th 05, 05:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default London Bridge Masterplan

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, solar penguin wrote:

--- Bob Robinson said...

London Bridge through platforms will increase from 6 to 9, with a
corresponding reduction in terminating platforms from 9 to 6.This
means that in the morning peak hour terminating services will
decrease from 29 to 18.

Reduced platforms, decreased services...

I thought it was all because some of what are currently terminating
services will become through services - if not to the Snow Hill tunnel
and beyond, then to Cannon Street, Blackfriars or Charing Cross. There
won't be fewer trains, there'll be the same number, but going further.
BICBW.

Precisely. The "removed" terminating services will all become through
trains to a variety of destinations beyond London Bridge.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old September 30th 05, 05:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default London Bridge Masterplan (was: A different ELLX question)

solar penguin wrote:

Reduced platforms, decreased services... So, you're saying that if this
"Masterplan" goes ahead, then my local station, Gipsy Hill, could end up
with a _permanently reduced_ service to London Brdge?They'd spend all
that time and money on rebuilding the station just to make the service
_worse_ than before they started!?!

Where is this public enquiry? Can I go there and complain and protest
and get them to stop this nonsense before it's too late?

I believe it highly likely that you could be impacted during the five
year construction period required to rebuild London Bridge - whether
services from Gipsy Hill are permanently impaired after that is a
matter for speculation. Whilst there will be a reduced number of
services terminating at London Bridge there will be an additional 18
Thameslink trains transiting the station. Details of the revised plans
can be accessed from the http://alwaystouchout.com site including
Network Rail's revised submission to the enquiry.

Old October 3rd 05, 10:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 30 Sep 2005 10:16:06 -0700, "Bob Robinson"
wrote:

solar penguin wrote:

[...]

Services will not decrease at all! Southern Suburban/metro services
will remain the same. Mainline services will eventually run through
Thameslink core. South Eastern will have the same number of trains
running to Charing CRoss. Thameslink(New Franchise) will be running
exixting Thameslink plus new services taking over WAGN lines running
through THameslink core to Kent, likely Dartford, Orpington,
Sevenoaks.

Whilst the lines may double between London Bridge and Metropolitan
Junction, service increases by 18 tph! So this section of line will
still be the busiest in Europe!

Life without sex just isn't life.
Make love not war!